• Reply to: Could Eagle become the next Fruita?   10 hours 3 min ago

Eagle is awesome! We've always stopped there on way to Fruita. Fun riding and a very welcoming town. Love it. Perhaps it's time time to make a plan for a trip JUST to Eagle. Don't have to drive as far so that's a plus for sure.

• Reply to: Golden is turning popular Bike Route into a park on Hwy 6   1 day 4 hours ago

Signalized?

• Reply to: Golden is turning popular Bike Route into a park on Hwy 6   5 days 12 hours ago

Just curious, how many hundreds of cyclists a day do you think go through that intersection?

• Reply to: Could Eagle become the next Fruita?   5 days 17 hours ago

I am happy to confirm that Eagle hosted the Colorado High School Cycling League State Championship race in 2013 and 2014. They are the host community in 2015 October 25th. Fantastic bike, family friendly community.

• Reply to: Golden is turning popular Bike Route into a park on Hwy 6   6 days 7 hours ago

A simple pedestrian bridge, like the one recently completed over I-25 would be a better option, IMO

• Reply to: 2015 - Denver Federal Center Classic   6 days 8 hours ago

This year, there are more primes and great awards and cash! Come out and race....it's a blast!

• Reply to: Golden is turning popular Bike Route into a park on Hwy 6   6 days 11 hours ago

For years I've been waiting for this. I've had too many near collisions to count at this intersection. My family and I were contemplating buying a house at the base of Lookout about 5 years ago. Gorgeous house, great yard, and seemingly fantastic location...aside from death-trap intersection. With little kids we couldn't fathom trying to get across that on a regular basis by bike.

The pedestrian tunnel/trail/neighborhood access a few miles north on hwy 93 and base of Golden Gate has been a wonderful example of how the city of Golden/Jeffco are making efforts towards easing traffic woes while embracing cyclists.

Kudos, Golden. One more reason why I love my city! Stellar place to be a cyclist.

• Reply to: Golden is turning popular Bike Route into a park on Hwy 6   6 days 19 hours ago

Why waste $25 million on a problem that doesn't exist? The real congestion in this area is due to the poorly signalized intersections along 93 at Iowa, Washington Street, and Golden Gate Canyon. The traffic coming south everyday in the PM from Boulder along 93 is backed up due to these intersections, not the intersection with 19th Street. I highly doubt the pedestrian and bicycle counts at this intersection warrant the expenditure of $25 million.

• Reply to: Cyclist shot by a BB Gun from a car near Lyons   1 week 12 hours ago

I am from Texas. Is that a red state? I moved to CO because I was tired of motorist swerving at me and throwing beer bottles at me. I had lots of cars come across the divided highway to try and scare me by buzzing as close as they could. Its way better for cyclists in CO than Texas.