• Reply to: To Mountain Bike Event Promoters, From BRAC   1 hour 1 min ago

I'd like to take a moment and post the 1st draft of this article before it went to press. This copy was found in the BRAC trash bin...."Thank you for being part of a sport that I love. I’m writing to you in the spirit of socialism and commitment to fighting wealth inequality. I’ve recently been paid to become the Executive Director of the Bicycle Racing Association of Colorado. I am also a bike racer. I race cyclo-cross, road, and mountain bikes, and since my new job is to generate profits for a non profit I’ve always wondered why the mountain bike market was not cornered into another monopoly through the over reaching powers of USAC within BRAC’s support and promotion umbrella to help increase profits for an organization that claims to be a 501c . Most mountain bike races that I’ve done were on my radar through word of mouth which is the best advertising to begin with as racers don't lie about which are the best events. Sand Creek Sports has a great calendar in place and I commend Andy for his hard work, but it's time to over step my bounds and picky back on his work. However, the reach of BRAC’s calendar is much greater because BRAC is a non-profit 501(c)3 and has a mission to “Promote bicycle racing in Colorado and Southeastern Wyoming”. Remember that BRAC is not out to grab a piece of your pie right away, we would like to expand the size of that pie by shuffling some of our road racers in mountain biking and get some mountain bikers into our road races which then would increase our total pie, with the facade of getting more people racing their bicycles regardless of the cycling discipline - See more at: http://303cycling.com/BRAC-letter-to-CO-Mtb-Promoters-possible-relations... Please call me. I'm very busy with road cycling season having commenced, but to justify my salary I need to inflate the books and USAC showed me that mountain biking is easy pickings with the right top down leverage. If this letter does not work we'll be starting a policy that no BRAC member can race an unsanctioned MTB event without penalty of loosing road cup points.

• Reply to: To Mountain Bike Event Promoters, From BRAC   1 hour 12 min ago

I wonder how much they stand to make off the mountain bike events? We all know they ran the numbers. Keep them out!

• Reply to: To Mountain Bike Event Promoters, From BRAC   1 hour 27 min ago

We the people of the Colorado mountain bike community don't need to pay BRAC $2/rider for the privilege of them giving us 5 cent numbers and safety pins. Here's the better question for Boups that I as a bike racer wonder, do WE the people need BRAC for road racing and cyclocross????????? #toomuchbureaucracy

• Reply to: To Mountain Bike Event Promoters, From BRAC   1 hour 35 min ago

Keep BRAC out of mountain biking and mountain biking out of BRAC. Might want to get road cycling and cross figured out before you dip your greedy $$$ hands into our mountain bike pool.

• Reply to: To Mountain Bike Event Promoters, From BRAC   2 hours 31 min ago

That's funny, the Director telling mtb race promoters he can help them grow their sport. They're doing just fine without ACA. No one is missing out on mtb racing in CO because they couldn't find out about the races because ACA wasn't spreading the word.

• Reply to: To Mountain Bike Event Promoters, From BRAC   2 hours 52 min ago

The KMC Colorado Mountain Bike Race Calendar is at http://www.sandcreeksports.com/rcs.htm

• Reply to: To Mountain Bike Event Promoters, From BRAC   3 hours 18 min ago

Mountain bike racing is doing just great without USAC/BRAC. Stay independent or you'll be losing a bunch of racers.