• Reply to: A Woman and Her Bike: Dawn Lawrence   19 hours 12 min ago

Great interview...

• Reply to: CU Prof to study cycling in the Netherlands   23 hours 18 min ago

Nederland or Netherlands?

• Reply to: 2015 - Haystack Time Trial   1 day 12 hours ago

What a zoo this was, constantly dodging cars and recreational riders. I'm never racing again on memorial day weekend unless it's a closed course.

• Reply to: 2015 - Haystack Time Trial   5 days 16 hours ago

Yeah, I guess you're right, if your concern is about having or not having a rabbit. I was just thinking about concerns over weather

• Reply to: 2015 - Haystack Time Trial   5 days 18 hours ago

I disagree with the comment that starting riders based alphabetically is "fair". Being first due to your last name being at the beginning of the alphabet with your last name usually means you are "the rabbit" and have nobody ahead of you to try and focus on and catch. Conversely, not having somebody behind you to try and keep from catching and passing you is also a disadvantage. Randomized start lists are a great idea; looking at the start list for Haystack, I don't see any rhyme or reason to it, which is great!

• Reply to: 2015 - Haystack Time Trial   5 days 21 hours ago

Doing it alphabetically or randomly or in order of registration, within the various categories, are all "fair" as you can't possibly know which start times will be best within the group. You've got as good a chance of having good conditions, or crap conditions, no matter how they assign the start times within a given group. Besides, most groups aren't large enough to have wildly divergent wind/weather conditions within their narrow range of times. You can contrast this to the Cherry Creek TT series, where there's no grouping of categories within a narrow range of start times. It's a crap shoot as to whether an early time would be better, or perhaps a later time. If everyone in a given group were starting within a 15-20 minute window, the odds are better that everyone would have similar conditions. Haystack's start time assignments are just fine.

• Reply to: 2015 - Haystack Time Trial   6 days 57 min ago

Please make TT start times random (within groups). Doing it alphabetical is not fair (Frostbite). Trying to figure out who is fastest is not fair (state). Just randomize it. That is all.

• Reply to: 2015 - Superior Morgul Classic   6 days 19 hours ago

Good catch, I had totally forgotten about that one!

• Reply to: 2015 - Superior Morgul Classic   6 days 20 hours ago

Man, don't be such a hater. Explain to me exactly what makes this race a PITA besides all of the security issues (heck, had the same issues at Fed Center). I was merely answering, correctly I might add, the question about the last fully paved road race on the calendar this year. I could have mentioned the collegiate road races in Grand Junction and Durango but those are "off the grid" so to speak.

As far as historically, yes, the AFA race has been rather hit or miss and the old out and back course was terrible. However, the college kids have put on a great event the last two years that only cost $30 ($40 day-of), only a handful of cones (in a construction area) and had very minimal field mixing. I raced P12 and it was awesome. Which group were you in?