• Reply to: 2015 - Boulder Stage Race   2 hours 4 min ago

For all the challenges race promoters face in the front range and especially Boulder, I thought this was a well executed race that gave different types of riders a chance to shine. I would have loved a longer stage and inclusion of N. Boulder Park Crit, but I understand that's not as ea$y as it sounds. Ideally the last day would be a longer RR with a circuit in the planes & a mountain-top finish up in Ward or Jamestown... but I have no idea how hard that would be. In any case, kudos for making us feel like stage racers on our favorite roads and climbs. Stages may have been short, but were plenty difficult!

• Reply to: 2015 - Boulder Stage Race   2 hours 25 min ago

That would be a great SR but my understanding of it is that a permit for Carter is next to impossible to obtain for that time of season. This is why they had the last Carter Lake RR in Feb. Maybe WOL have the resources/clout to pull it off? We'll find out next year I guess.

• Reply to: 2015 - Boulder Stage Race   3 hours 28 min ago

To each their own I guess. I disliked the circuit race, I don't understand why dirt has to be in every race around here when there are so many beautifully paved roads, especially in the more rural areas. I view the dirt as a necessary evil on the hill climbs, it doesn't need to be in road/circuit races.

• Reply to: 2015 - Boulder Stage Race   3 hours 44 min ago

Thanks. That argument always cracks me up :-)

• Reply to: 2015 - Boulder Stage Race   3 hours 48 min ago

Here's what would make a Boulder stage race that I would sign up for.

1. Lyons / Boulder TT
    2. North Boulder Crit
    3. Carter lake RR

• Reply to: 2015 - Boulder Stage Race   4 hours 18 min ago

$140 for three short events. Seeing major entry fee inflation this year.
    Hard to get off of work Friday for a TT starting in Lyons.
    Wanted to do Mike Horgan HC, but since it was a Stage Race, I couldn't just register for it.

Make it an omnium, and you will attract more people on the weekend.

Looked like fun for those few that made it all three days.

• Reply to: 2015 - Boulder Stage Race   4 hours 25 min ago

2 reasons:
    Cost
    SR based on time w/ GC decided by hill climb.

• Reply to: 2015 - Boulder Stage Race   4 hours 32 min ago

Because I don't like riding my road bike in the dirt. There, I said it.

• Reply to: 2015 - Boulder Stage Race   4 hours 42 min ago

So my entire family that races did this race and had fun. I'm the non-climber and not as talented as the rest of them so the Circuit Race was where I had the most fun and actually did pretty well making the final group of about 10.

I'm curious for those that didn't race, why not? Not a climber? No road race? Time commitment too large? No chance to do well?

Kind of a bummer that they put together a Stage Race all within 15 minutes of Boulder and there were 100 less people than Sunshine Hill Climb.