• Reply to: Master Doping on the Rise?   1 hour 3 min ago

wonder if there's anything to one of the more famous, more accomplished Masters racers in CO working at a company that specializes in "hormone therapy"?

• Reply to: Master Doping on the Rise?   1 hour 11 min ago

Oh hey, Sky team doctor only 'cyclist' to be sanctioned since that Cat 3 cyclocross guy...

• Reply to: Master Doping on the Rise?   1 hour 17 min ago

A way better poll would be:

I think amateur racers are doping because:

1. I know my teammate is doping, but I'm not gonna narc because I am doping also.
    2. I always get beat by a bunch of dudes.
    3. A couple of guys got busted a few years ago.
    4. Some older guy is faster than me on the group ride (even though I had 7 rio margaritas last night).

• Reply to: Master Doping on the Rise?   1 hour 38 min ago

That story is a regurgitation of story from several years ago. But hey, let's keep dredging it back up. If you really need to keep up to date with the amateur cycling suspensions that are literally coming out every hour, just make this your home page: http://www.usada.org/testing/results/sanctions/

Just conveniently ignore the fact that, when you are watching the superbowl on Sunday (you know the Superbowl the biggest sporting event in our country) nearly every single one of those guys has taken massive cycles of anabolics.

• Reply to: Master Doping on the Rise?   12 hours 11 min ago

There's probably masters riders out there doping, just like there are most certainly P12 guys, domestic and world tour pros doping.

I don't know about the pros, but I know from personal experience you can ride masters at the top state and national podium level being completely clean, enjoying a normal life, training maybe 10-15 hours per week, without a coach or even a super dedicated training plan. So if guys want to risk their health, their reputation and their personal life by taking drugs, I may bitch about them when they get caught, but I'm not going to get baiting into letting it dominate the discussion about a sport I happen to like a lot.

But hey I know it's really hard to find positive stories about riding bikes in Colorado.

• Reply to: Master Doping on the Rise?   12 hours 51 min ago

Recently saw a pic on FB of one of our vaunted 55+ racers bragging that if he hadn't flatted w/ a 1/4 mile to go, he would've finished top 10 at El Tour de Tucson. Don't think we can chalk that up to natural talent or training with power.

• Reply to: Video - Local Company Stages   1 day 23 min ago

you say they are selling a lot of them but you have no idea, it's a private company. so just a guess.

you sheep will buy anything and i guarantee will get crushed by a guy on a sear's huffy bike for $40. Power meters do nothing for you.........jokers who think they can be like lance and then quit and then say lance only did drugs and blah blah blah....99% of all cyclists have zero talent and a power meter won't help them.

signed

• Reply to: Video - Local Company Stages   2 days 22 hours ago

too expensive for YOU, perhaps. Whether something is too expensive for the general market can be determined by sales, and from all accounts, they're selling the hell out of 'em.

• Reply to: Video - Local Company Stages   3 days 12 hours ago

All i hear is "cheaper, cheap, cheap" and at 700 they can have it. Then the sky stuff bragging, whatever. HR is fine, you don't need this 700 dollar thing to become pro. once you become pro, it's free. SRM is a different story, however, since that thing is good. Left only....lol....simple for making more money