• Reply to: Local Triathlete has serious incident with car north of Boulder   3 hours 10 min ago

So the car was stopped at the stop sign, then started pulling out into the lane and stopped again, obviously blocking the lane!

• Reply to: 2014 - Cyclo X - Valmont   3 hours 56 min ago

You're right on one point, waaay wrong on the other. A series of flags at the S/F is no way to indicate the course status to someone who isn't at the S/F. Most people pre-ride the entire course, so they can't see the flags most of the time.

Where you're wrong is admitting you're riding in front of the next race. See Roscoe's post earlier: ride BEHIND the race and get off the course well before the leaders ever get close to catching you. If you MUST pre-ride multiple laps to be able to safely race on a given course, then maybe you should practice more such that you can react to course conditions as you first see them, not needing to memorize every rock/bump/twist/turn... Seeing a course for the first time shouldn't be that big a deal.

• Reply to: Local Triathlete has serious incident with car north of Boulder   5 hours 38 min ago

I think I'll refrain from reading the comments section on this one.

• Reply to: Local Triathlete has serious incident with car north of Boulder   6 hours 21 min ago
  • Reply to: 2014 - Cyclo X - Valmont   6 hours 43 min ago

I think BRAC needs to come up with a better way to indicate whether the course is clear to pre ride. Whether it's a couple of blasts of an air horn, or a series of Red/Green flags, on at the Start, one in the pit/backside of course.

Most of us are trying to do the right thing, if we are riding 3-4 minutes ahead of the next race, we will not disrupt/factor into the race, but once on course, there is no way to know that the race has started behind and that the course is now closed.

• Reply to: 2014 - Cyclo X - Valmont   16 hours 49 min ago

If you continue to be unsportsmanlike, an overly excited parent might get your full attention. Mama bear is not to be messed with.

• Reply to: 2014 - Cyclo X - Valmont   17 hours 36 sec ago

You mean all groups are being crushed by CO/UT juniors. Just look at results. Juniors are winning and top 10 on the weekends and mid-week in every group. They are only going to do better. This past week and at Cross of the North 2 different 13 yo girls won the Opens.

• Reply to: 2014 - Cyclo X - Valmont   17 hours 7 min ago

When I typed 35+4, I ment all others that are not top 10 in the Mens or Womens Opens. It was veiled. We all know that the 35+4 group is ridiculous.

• Reply to: 2014 - Cyclo X - Valmont   18 hours 56 min ago

On a completely different note...did anyone notice the dead bunny at the entrance to the sand pit? Maybe I was hallucinating in my own private pain cave, but I swear there was a mangled bunny in the sand pit. And, if there was; who was the unfortunate sole that ran him over?

Or maybe it was just chewed up weed block?

BTW, I raced in the afternoon in the 35+3's to give you an idea I saw said bunny.