• Reply to: Right sizing goes wrong on Folsom   7 hours 58 min ago

That path has a lot of college students walking to class and a number of busy turns in and out of businesses. Folsom, on the other hand, is not really that busy compared to 28th. Reducing the lanes from 4 to 2 resulted in no increase in commuting times in one direction and a small impact in the other.
    As for 28th, what biker rides against traffic on the sidewalk, crosses at a light, and then rides on the sidewalk next to a mall? While I am thinking about it, what biker rides on a sidewalk?
    If you were a biker and knew the area, the answer would be obvious. That is why I think you are trolling.

• Reply to: Unofficial Amateur Hr record (unofficially)   11 hours 23 min ago

If the magazine is all ads now, that would explain why the editors have so much time to train, they obviously don't need to write articles! As for you that's pretty cool you can read the whole thing in 2 minutes without buying it, and on top of that being the great, paid in water bottle and inner tubes, cat 1-2 that can afford to look down of whence you came (cat 5), you save money and time by not buying it and not reading (but still reading it. Oh well, whatever).

• Reply to: Right sizing goes wrong on Folsom   15 hours 4 min ago

Well done on pegging me perfectly. Not a cyclist at all.

Wait a second...could it be that maybe I don't live in Boulder and therefore don't know the routes hence why I asked "silly questions"? Its not that I commute 25 miles to work on a bike to a destination other than Boulder.

Why so defensive when I ask a simple question? Could you not have responded with "That is a wide sidewalk that isn't a proper commuting route."?

It shows as a "multi-use path" on the map, but I'm way off base to think someone would ride a multi-use path instead of 1/4 mile over on a busy street.

I apologize for asking such silly questions and trying to understand the reasoning for the uproar. I'll go back to just agreeing that this is a complete outrage without a proper understanding of why alternatives are not acceptable.

• Reply to: 2015 - Primalpalooza   18 hours 34 min ago

I thought this race was one of the best so far. I went and pre rode the course on Saturday and saw some of the Primal guys trying it out and adjusting the course to make it more ride able. They were also asking our advice, which was really nice. Race day was awesome. I think they did an awesome job getting rid of goatheads. Can't wait for next year

• Reply to: Right sizing goes wrong on Folsom   18 hours 59 min ago

How am I dictating to you how to live your life?

Reducing lanes on a very busy street making it harder to drive a car to try to force people to ride a bike?
    Or..increasing parking rates in downtown boulder for the express purpose to force you to not drive a car?
    Or..forcing a muni utility system and attempting to take over Xcel's grid thereby annexing utility lines not even in Boulder city limits?
    Or..DNA testing dog feces and fining people for leaving dog poop .. At tax payers expense?
    And I don't even live in Boulder. I'm sure there is much more than these.

• Reply to: Hup. Hup. The Amy D. Foundation Race is Saturday   19 hours 55 min ago

Great course, cause, vendors, organization and weather! I am new to cross and never met, or heard of Amy D until her untimely death but I felt honored to be able to ride the race Saturday and help raise money for her foundation!

• Reply to: Right sizing goes wrong on Folsom   1 day 5 hours ago

I'm sorry to rain on the parade here, but I just don't think the "right sized" bike lanes on Folsom (or anywhere, for that matter) are worth the effort.

IMO, the time would be better spent getting any bike lanes at all on certain sections of Pearl St., Arapahoe, and some other roads, where the bike lanes either randomly disappear and reappear or simply don't exist at all.

Seriously, how stupid is it to be riding west down Pearl St., cross the goofy large bike lanes on Folsom, and then get merged into car traffic because the Pearl St. bike lane just disappears for a while?

If people don't feel comfortable riding in a normal bike lane, let's try to legalize riding on the side walk. Messing with traffic with "right sizing" is going to hurt the cause more than it helps.

• Reply to: Unofficial Amateur Hr record (unofficially)   1 day 11 hours ago

You have unlocked an impressive level of asshole, dumbass, and free time to be so negative about this. Bravo.

• Reply to: Unofficial Amateur Hr record (unofficially)   2 days 9 hours ago

On behalf of whom are you complaining? Since you don't subscribe, your time is unaffected by VN; yet you express contempt for - by your assessment - their primary viewer demgraphic.

Members of the 303cycling forum, blowhard union should be express thanks for those who provide an agar.