• Reply to: Boulder Wednesday Time Trial Series   58 min 2 sec ago

The first individual rider will start at 5:30pm. All individual racers will go first at 15 sec intervals based on the category group order posted on the website (eg. SMP-1-2 go first, SM3 next, then SM35+1-2-3). Your final start time will all depend on how many racers are registered in each category that starts before you. After all the individual racers start then we'll begin the TTT groups (5 person teams go first, then 4 person teams, 3 person teams, and finishing it off the 2 person teams go last). Final start lists will be posted on the website and the WL facebook page at 2:05pm on race day after registration closes at 2:00pm. Please note the NEW addition of the SM 65+ category and SW 55+ category.

• Reply to: 2014 - Weld County Road Race   1 hour 13 min ago

Accurate? Not really. Looking the results, selections were made in the categories where the most experienced riders are. The P12, 35+, 45+, 35+/3, and cat 3 races in the mens fields were all won by someone NOT in the bunch. In all cases someone created a selection. Granted in several of these cases it was one rider making it to the line ahead of the group but if they were able to make a selection on their own, why didn't anyone else join them. Were they waiting for the sprint? The riders make the race. Some made a winning move while many sat in.

• Reply to: Could you give up your car for biking?   10 hours 54 min ago

Are cyclists reading this? I would have guess much higher on the yes's. Wonder how many decades will it take to clean up the community planning that was done decades before? Maybe we are taking the poll to literally, could you live most of the time without your car. Hell yes right? If no than maybe you need to rethink where and how you live... and the bike really has nothing to do with it.

• Reply to: 2014 - Weld County Road Race   13 hours 22 min ago

This comment is so accurate for the field I was in as well, so close to doing the Maverick Stage Race, now I know better. I mean no selection at all, perhaps that is a good thing for many, stay with the pack the entire race, get that "I made the selection" was there for the sprint is this the selling point, never again, oh, I was on the podium, who cares, race hard for 30 second spurts, rather get my arse kicked and have tired legs for the long drive home. Happy for their numbers, made a boatload of $.

• Reply to: Could you give up your car for biking?   17 hours 47 min ago

No, unfortunately I work second shift in a really bad part of town. Couldn't commute safely

• Reply to: 2014 - Weld County Road Race   19 hours 59 min ago

The course is not selective. In the spirit of full disclosure I rode the 45+ open race and was DQd on the first lap for twice TOUCHING the yellow line. At no time did I gain an advantage from the line touching nor was it done intentionally. I was dutifully informed that “it did not matter.” I was then “allowed” to sit at the back for rest of the way and pay penance for my reckless disregard for safety. DQ noted, I have been racing for 25+ years in the P12 and Masters categories and have never previously been DQd from a race, nor have I ever even been warned for TOUCHING a yellow line as opposed to actually crossing it. The attempt to make the course safer by having a Nazi Moto zooming up and down the parallel lane throwing people out for touching the yellow line for a nanosecond does not make the race safer. The Moto Nazi’s explanation for my relegation is that he had strict orders from the race promoter to have zero tolerance. If the Nazi is going to be employed at least hire someone who has some perspective on racing and is going to be consistent in application of the Nazi principals. He was not consistent, I have it on video.

You make races safer by making them fast and selective. The course really needs a couple of hard power hills to cause some separation or if not that some switch backs possibly. The way the course is now it is a negative racing dream. The 45+ field had a couple of teams riding at the front at 20 miles an hour, blocking. With this course five guys can sit at the front and completely block the road. Not illegal, probably even good tactics, just makes for really lame racing. You could sit in the field pedaling with one foot and not get dropped. That lack of separation is apparent in the mad scramble for the finish with too many guys scrambling for the line. Couple close calls and lots of over the line on the final lap - All on video. It is nice to have a Road Race but this one leaves a lot to be desired. I will probably race the P12 field next year at least I will be competing with quality racers that race full out. Granted at 50+ I may end up pack filler or even dropped but at least I will finish having gotten a workout. I may be a little bitter?

• Reply to: 2014 - Weld County Road Race   20 hours 59 min ago

Not sure if a wheel car would be feasible, or too dangerous. I would have appreciated an extra wheel, especially since I was stung by the flat fairy. With 3-4 packed pelotons on the 12 mile loop and center line rule in effect, it may not be feasible. Minus the DNF, I had a fun time.