• Reply to: 2015 - J-Pow / Fascat Cyclocross Season Kick Off   2 days 19 hours ago

I had a team mate do it as his first ever CX race and he raved about the course and how the sport is more fun than he thought it would be.

Whenever I don't like a course (and there are many I don't like) I always think "well at least everyone else has the exact same obstacles that I do. If a course doesn't favor your strengths one week, the course the following weekend might. Each course is so unique.

I did think the guy in my race on the MTB with the front shock had it in the bag on this course, but in the end I think the heat factored in more than the difficulty of the terrain did.

• Reply to: 2015 - Full Cycle - Eldo and NCAR Road Ride   2 days 20 hours ago

We have switched it up a bit and are leaving form Southern Sun at 5:30 or 6pm. Two ride times to accommodate work schedules. We no longer ride Eldo first. Days are too short now. Then after we will chill at Southern Sun! Hope to see you!!

• Reply to: Salvagetti of Denver is Closing   3 days 9 hours ago

Scott did do great things for cyclists in Denver, but those things have more to do with what he offered his customer's than what he did to change the bike shop landscape. Read my comment to today's Denver Post story over here.

• Reply to: Salvagetti of Denver is Closing   3 days 16 hours ago

Great job! Move on and kill it in the software world!!!

And don't forget the haters going to hate hate hate hate hate and the players going to play play play play play.

• Reply to: 2015 - J-Pow / Fascat Cyclocross Season Kick Off   3 days 19 hours ago

This was my first cx race, although I race quite a bit of road/crits. It was challenging but I didn't find it impossible and I had a helluva time. $45 is about $5-10 more than your standard crit so I thought that was pretty fair.

• Reply to: 2015 - J-Pow / Fascat Cyclocross Season Kick Off   4 days 11 hours ago

Cool atmosphere but not worth $45 IMO and too technical of a course for many riders. Not a good way to bring people in to sport. If I was racing my first cx race I would have been really turned off by that course for sure. 7 ditches, fly over and sketchy loose descent does not make for a good showing to someone wanting to check out the cx scene. Giving more A line B line options would have made it much better and or boarding over some of the ditches. I'm sure there will be the obligatory responses... Just my opinion.

• Reply to: 2015 - J-Pow / Fascat Cyclocross Season Kick Off   4 days 15 hours ago

Wish all cross races could be this easy. Show up, show a photo ID and grab a number. Thanks WOL, John H, and FasCat for a fun easy day for myself and my family.

Great course John Hailey!!!!!!!! I did curse your name a few times during the race though!

• Reply to: Salvagetti of Denver is Closing   4 days 16 hours ago

About as much truth there as the Transformer movie.