• Reply to: 2015 - Lafayette Circuit Race   5 hours 59 min ago

I haven't raced enough in Colorado to know if this is typical for a "new" race, but geez, I was embarrassed by the low turnout, certainly in the 40+ 4's. Yes, it had a big hill, but Oredigger Crit was way harder IMHO. There was some crappy pavement on the climb and the finishing straight, but the fast parts were in great shape. I'd say those who did Kopp possessed the requisite high skill level.

I thought it was a great course, and I hope DBC comes back next year.

Quickie edit from the MM 40+ 4's

• Reply to: 2015 - Koppenberg   6 hours 1 min ago

Full race video (edited to embed)

• Reply to: 2015 - Koppenberg   14 hours 55 min ago

That was the most fun I've had on a road bike in a long time. Most promoters would have cancelled. Huge thank you to all the volunteers and WOL team for having the guts to make the right call and make racing happen. Blessed to have the best around right here in Colorado.

• Reply to: 2015 - Koppenberg   16 hours 11 min ago

It rained just enough to turn the clay completely solid and slick as ice. It rendered the climb un-rideable. It was hard to even walk/run up with cleats. Inevitably, those with Speedplays wound up being unable to clip back into their pedals, me included. I spent the last 1.5 laps riding on top of my clay packed pedals. It never got muddy though, just super slick and messy enough to pack into your cleats. Quite an interesting race to say the least!

• Reply to: 2015 - Koppenberg   18 hours 39 min ago

I watched the first three laps of the Pro 1-2s but the storm was brewing so I rode back to the house. I didn't think it rained enough to have changed the conditions, but I guess it did.

The rain was enough to muddy the course up?

• Reply to: 2015 - Koppenberg   1 day 7 hours ago

Funny, the course was perfect in the afternoon until it rained again. Then it was no longer a road bike race.

• Reply to: 2015 - Koppenberg   2 days 19 hours ago

Good luck everyone, weather looks great and sounds like is shaping up nicely. For those that don't like the conditions, the good news is that there is only a 24 hour wait for a pavement crit race.

Enjoy the ride, whatever size tire or location you choose today, I know I will.

• Reply to: 2015 - Koppenberg   2 days 19 hours ago

Sorry one more thing. Hay was put down on the kopp which can be a little slippery.

• Reply to: 2015 - Koppenberg   2 days 19 hours ago

Morning report race day.
    Rideable on a road bike. Bumpy at top of kopp, but it is rideable and no mud sticking to the bikes.

My wife road up it on clement xplor tires fine and is now trying on 25c road tires just to make sure prior to her race.
    8am wave looks to be fine and the layer waves will be even more firm. The dirt is kinda like hero dirt from what I am hearing but looks like only one good line up kopp right now.