• Reply to: 2014 - Cyclo X - Xilinx   3 hours 17 min ago

mud pit was a totally serendipitous feature - apparently some species of irrigation trench that overflowed spontaneously and just got deeper during the day. It saved the race from being a total roadie course as it required a little bit of courage and decent bicycle driving skills to negotiate it, but honestly it wasn't that bad if you had enough sense to stay out of the gator pit on the right side.

Xilinx always has some mud in that area even in the driest of dry years, so it's to be expected. If you don't like mud, don't race 'cross.

• Reply to: 2014 - Cyclo X - Xilinx   7 hours 18 min ago

I would like to add that the race was awesome! I had a great time!

• Reply to: 2014 - Cyclo X - Xilinx   7 hours 19 min ago

Actually, I use my trashed carbon wheels (six years of prior abuse on the road) for cross. And any body spending hours and hours to glue up a tubular should be doing it.

• Reply to: 2014 - Cyclo X - Xilinx   7 hours 23 min ago

If the 35+ field is catching the men's open field, why is it the age based group (35+) a joke? Sounds like it should be the other way around. Maybe the men's open field can race in front of the kids race next time.

• Reply to: 2014 - Cyclo X - Xilinx   9 hours 22 min ago

What Would Cosmo Say?

• Reply to: 2014 - Cyclo X - Xilinx   9 hours 43 min ago

Someone grabbed my no tubes alphas wheels with Kenda Slant Six tires out of the pit during the last race at Xilinx?

• Reply to: 2014 - Cyclo X - Xilinx   10 hours 48 min ago

That was actually a totally natural mud pit, there was no hose used and just kept developing throughout the day.

• Reply to: 2014 - Cyclo X - Xilinx   10 hours 52 min ago

Actually, I use ROL wheels...

• Reply to: 2014 - Cyclo X - Xilinx   11 hours 5 min ago

Just so I understand this... cyclocross guys buy ridiculously expensive zipp wheels, spend hours gluing on tubular tires and then the race director turns on a hose overnight, so everyone can race through a man made mud pit?