• Reply to: Coffee Talk - Spectator Etiquette   41 min 4 sec ago
  • Reply to: Coffee Talk - Spectator Etiquette   9 hours 10 min ago

It's our own fault, trying to promote 'cross as a fringe sport that welcomes crazy behavior from the riders (particularly the riders in the lower classes, many of whom are just out for a good time and don't care too much where they place), and then we get our knickers all bunched up when we slowly transition from good, clean fun to hooliganism on the part of the fans.

If we expect 'cross to be a competitive, RESPECTED sport, we really, really need to dial back on the BS, the beer and/or bacon handups, the heckling, and most importantly, dousing riders with beer. Don't recall the author, but read an article sometime in the last few days where it was pointed out that if you're stopping for a beer, you're not really racing and in the pro/elite ranks, there's no place for it.

We can't have it both ways, either we're fringe or we're not.

• Reply to: Coffee Talk - Spectator Etiquette   10 hours 25 min ago

So can you spray beer on cyclocross people if they are wearing a costume of some sort?

Obviously you do not want to spray folks in skinsuits, as that will compromise the aerodynamics, which is important when you are riding through mud at 12mph.

Also, if the rider's name has a 'Van' in it, they are probably very 'famous athletes' (in holland) and should not be sprayed.

• Reply to: 2014 - Boulder Cup   21 hours 35 min ago

thats a team out of SLC.

• Reply to: 15mph is Safe and Courteous   1 day 13 hours ago

I had to read this a few times. Is it just me?

• Reply to: 2014 - Boulder Cup   1 day 15 hours ago

J.Page did take a bottle in the pit with only two laps left to go - after the cutoff.

• Reply to: 2014 - Boulder Cup   1 day 17 hours ago

At the race yesterday and I had two questions (maybe three):

Why was J. Page dq'ed?

Why do so many of the riders appear unattached on the BRAC results? I was trying to figure out what team had the olive drab kits with the fighter plane shark mouth on the thigh. They're sponsored by Jamis, and there were a couple of them, so they're definitely not unattached.

• Reply to: 15mph is Safe and Courteous   1 day 18 hours ago

It may be convenience only, but it is still the wildly pervasive norm.

• Reply to: 2014 - Good Sam Bike Jam   1 day 20 hours ago

My husband and I were unfortunately not able to attend last Saturdays race. I'm not sure if I had ordered a jersey. I was hoping you could check and if so how I would be able to retrieve it. Phone or email please. # 970-227-4116.
    Kerry Troccoli