We are seeking a Shipping and Receiving handler to process orders and package inventory. The perfect candidate will be a fellow bike nerd with a strong attention to detail and the ability to work on their feet throughout the day.
The Pros Closet (TPC) is the world’s largest retailer of previously-owned and overstock bikes and cycling gear on eBay. TPC helps bike retailers, athletes, manufacturers, and bike enthusiasts sell their gear in a hassle-free way. TPC currently operates exclusively on eBay and study’s auction science to sell its inventory quickly and efficiently.
Founded in 2007 by a former professional mountain biker living out of his Volkswagen Bus, The Pro’s Closet started as a hobby and quickly grew into an easy way for professional cycling teams to sell their used gear. Since then, TPC has become a highly-regarded ecommerce destination for people around the world to buy and sell previously-owned bikes and gear.
With just under 40 employees in our casual, yet fast-paced environment, we recently received an investment from an experienced investment firm to expand our marketplace beyond eBay and to further accelerate our rapid growth. With deep industry relationships, we are already the leader in what we do and we’re barely scratching the surface. This is an exciting time to join us!
To be the trusted marketplace for cyclists to buy and sell gear they use to pursue the sport they love. Our marketplace is built to inspire cyclists to discover more ways to extend their ride by unlocking the value in gear that already exists.
The Shipping and Receiving department is responsible for packaging bikes, components, and accessories for shipment to customers. You are expected to apply protective packaging in accordance with company standards and proficiently use the company shipping software to print labels and identify the correct shipping service for each order.
The position calls for someone who can maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment. Working individually and as part of a team, extended standing, and some heavy lifting of 50 lbs or more will be expected. Maintaining a positive, helpful attitude is imperative in this position. Flexibility and a willingness to help in any way possible are needed in our small, dynamic team environment.
• Verify order details, apply protective packaging, and identify the best box/bag/package for a variety of orders. Accuracy, Efficiency, and Presentation are the cornerstones of the packing process.
• Process orders and print shipping labels using shipping software to identify the correct shipping service for each order.
• Carefully packaging Bikes, Frames, and Wheels in preparation for shipment
• Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment with the guidance of the Manager. Includes stocking boxes and shipping supplies, cleaning and organizing shipping and bicycle tools, and cleaning/sweeping the work area.
• In addition to on-the-job training, the employee is encouraged to use, enjoy and better understand our products outside of work. Get out and ride!
• Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods, and lift up to 50 pounds
• A passion for working in a high growth business as the pace and expectations of the culture require both a high attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
• Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
• Experience with bicycles is a plus but not required
• A passion for success, a positive and friendly attitude and a consistent work ethic are all a must.
• A passion for the outdoors.
The Pro’s Closet offers competitive compensation for the outdoor industry. This position starts at $12/hour. After a 90-day probation period we will conduct a review to evaluate employee performance during that time.
The Pro’s Closet also provides generous discounts on gear as well as the ability to sell your own product at an employee rate.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to make instant and substantial contributions to the success of the company. The Pro’s Closet is one of the fastest growing companies in the outdoor industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include in your cover letter some background information on your experience or knowledge you may have working with bikes and bike components.