The Account Payable clerk is responsible for keeping all payables data up to date in our Sage100 accounting system. The AP clerk needs to research and reconcile all discrepancies. The AP clerk is also responsible for processing credit card purchases and reconciling with statements at month’s end. The AP clerk must enter & maintain data for tracking data of specific projects and jobs on Xcel spreadsheets external to Sage 100. The AP clerk is responsible for maintaining maintenance schedules for various equipment.
· Enter Vendor invoices against Purchase Orders
· Enter Vendor invoices for general expenses
· Enter Credit Card purchases and reconcile statements at month’s end
· Research & reconcile discrepancies
· Make inquiries as necessary to obtain missing information
· Process weekly check runs
· Gather data from various sources to update and maintain spreadsheets tracking various project and job costs
· Maintain maintenance schedules for various equipment
· Maintain adequate stock of office & general supplies
· General understanding of accounting principles
· 2+ years accounting training or experience
· Intermediate computer skills
· Microsoft Xcel, Outlook, Accounting software
· Math – calculate figures, percentages, discounts, convert units of measure
· Attention to detail and command of proper spelling and grammar
· Ability to work independently & meet deadlines.
Established company with a recent sharp growth curve. Casual, small business environment. Direct working relationship with owners.
Salary: USD 17 - 20 Per Hour