A temporary employee (6 to 9 months) is being hired as Bike Station Manager of the Environmental Center's Sustainable Transportation Program at University of Colorado Boulder. Position is needed March 23 (start date flexible) through November 2015. Temporary employee could apply for established full-time permanent position if it becomes vacant and if qualifications are met.
Requirements: Qualifications and experience in:
• maintenance on all types and quality of bicycles
• standing and working outside for up to 8 hours per day
• teaching other employees and customers how to repair bicycles
• computer literacy with basic web-based databases and spreadsheets
• tracking, ordering, and stocking parts inventory and tools at a bike repair shop
• scheduling and holding classes for bike maintenance, commuting, winter riding, and safety
o League of American Bicyclist teacher certification preferred or ability to gain certification
• cleaning and organizing bike repair areas
• assisting with hiring and scheduling 8-15 student employees
• working with management on new program creation and promotions
Experience in related fields required. Other requirements include excellent communications skills, interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, self-motivated, and high levels of customer service in a fast paced work environment.
Desired: Bachelor's degree and proficiency in Spanish or other non-English
languages a plus. Experience with marketing and event production.
Salary and benefits: Minimum 25 hours/ week required. Full time potential.
Hourly rate $14-20/ hour depending on experience and qualifications.
Paid leave, transit pass and health benefits are not available during
Background check: The temporary employee will require a background check before Employment Services will approve the hire and the temporary employee may not start work until the Background Check has been completed and approved.
To apply, email letter of interest and resume by March 15 to Brandon Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org