We are seeking a Photographer who can take high quality photos of bikes and bike parts for our eBay store. The perfect candidate will be a fellow bike nerd with a strong attention to detail.
The Pros Closet (TPC) is the world’s largest retailer of previously-owned and overstock bikes and cycling gear on eBay. TPC helps bike retailers, athletes, manufacturers, and bike enthusiasts sell their gear in a hassle-free way. TPC currently operates exclusively on eBay and study’s auction science to sell its inventory quickly and efficiently.
Founded in 2007 by a former professional mountain biker living out of his Volkswagen Bus, The Pro’s Closet started as a hobby and quickly grew into an easy way for professional cycling teams to sell their used gear. Since then, TPC has become a highly-regarded ecommerce destination for people around the world to buy and sell previously-owned bikes and gear.
With just under 40 employees in our casual, yet fast-paced environment, we recently received an investment from an experienced investment firm to expand our marketplace beyond eBay and to further accelerate our rapid growth. With deep industry relationships, we are already the leader in what we do and we’re barely scratching the surface. This is an exciting time to join us!
To be the trusted marketplace for cyclists to buy and sell gear they use to pursue the sport they love. Our marketplace is built to inspire cyclists to discover more ways to extend their ride by unlocking the value in gear that already exists.
The photographer is responsible for supplying the posting department with high quality, detailed photographs in the required amount of necessary to represent a product accurately on eBay. You will work in a studio environment in which you take and edit photographs of all the cycling product to be sold on eBay.
The position calls for a high level of attention to detail and consistency. Maintaining a positive, helpful attitude is imperative in this position. Flexibility and a willingness to help in any way possible are needed in our small, dynamic team environment. Time management skills, including the ability to work efficiently, accurately, and be self-motivated, are expected.
• Maintain the flow of consignor and investment product through photography and software editing systems, and the overall organization of the department.
• Supplying continuous photographed product to the posting department.
• Participate in a proactive team environment.
• Maintain daily productivity expectations of at least 60 photos per hour.
• Demonstrate proficiency with our computer systems and software.
• The Photography department is also responsible for planning, recording, and editing video for in-house projects.
• In addition to on-the-job training, the employee is encouraged to use, enjoy and better understand our products outside of work. Get out and ride!
• Two to four years of experience in the bike, and/or outdoor industry.
• Prior photography experience preferred but not required.
• A passion for working in a high growth business is critical, as the pace and expectations of the culture require both a high attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
• College degree preferred but not required.
• Proficient understanding of Mac computers and typing skills of 40 words per minute.
• A passion for success, a positive and friendly attitude and a consistent work ethic are all a must.
• A passion for the outdoors.
The Pro’s Closet offers competitive compensation for the outdoor industry. There is a 90 day training period at $12 and once completed the employee will have their initial review to reevaluate base pay.
Pay will then be based off of the employee’s productivity and accuracy.
The Pro’s Closet also provides generous discounts on gear as well as the ability to sell your own product at an employee rate.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to make instant and substantial contributions to the success of the company. The Pro’s Closet is one of the fastest growing companies in the outdoor industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include in your cover letter some background information on your experience or knowledge you may have working with bikes and bike components