Bicycle Colorado is the statewide nonprofit organization dedicated to building a bicycle-friendly Colorado. Established more than 20 years ago, we are ranked as one of the leading bicycle advocacy groups in the country.
Bicycle Colorado’s office is conveniently located in downtown Denver near bike paths, light rail lines and Union Station. Indoor bicycle parking is provided. We take our work seriously but have a casual and friendly work environment.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Membership Manager is the organization’s lead position responsible for growing and serving Bicycle Colorado’s membership. The selected candidate will create and implement membership development campaigns, including direct outreach and recruitment events, direct mail, electronic media, acknowledgements, incentives and tracking. S/he will also be responsible for maintaining the member database and fulfilling membership donations and purchases with support from volunteers and staff. We seek a person for full-time work who is comfortable and productive working with minimal supervision in an environment that is fast-paced and entrepreneurial.
- Develop and manage strategies for new member/donor recruitment
- Maintain and build upon current processes for acquiring, retaining and upgrading individual members
- Grow business and organization member program
- Create engaging communications for potential supporters
- Represent Bicycle Colorado at events and meetings to share membership benefits
- Manage member recruitment events (VeloSwap, Bike to Work Day, etc.)
- Maintain and update database
- Support development and marketing staff with database lists, tools, etc.
- Update and maintain membership-related pages on website
- Analyze membership data and develop creative strategies to increase development opportunities and advocacy activities
- Ensure prompt donor acknowledgement, accurate donor recognition and prospect tracking
- Manage scheduled outreach to members and potential members
- Manage annual fund campaigns to members
- Stay abreast of local and national philanthropic trends
- Engage and educate membership volunteers
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel within Denver and Colorado as needed
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Assist with other programs as needed
Background and Skills Sought:
- Contagious enthusiasm for our mission and new member recruitment
- Strong experience in membership program management
- Solid Customer Relationship Management database skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with public speaking/presentations
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers
- Knowledge of bicycling issues in Colorado
- Attention to detail with strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong grasp of spreadsheets, standard computer systems, programs and tools. Bicycle Colorado uses Google Apps, Gmail, SalesForce, Vertical Response, WordPress, Click & Pledge and Square
A base salary in the mid to upper thirties will be awarded to the successful candidate. Health and dental insurance, retirement match, paid vacation and a transit benefit are included in package.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates please email resume, cover letter and references to: email@example.com. Please include “Membership Manager” in subject line.
Effective December 4 until position is filled. Completion of search will be posted at: bicyclecolorado.org
Bicycle Colorado’s policy is to offer equal employment opportunity to all its applicants and employees.