We are currently taking resumes for a part-time bike mechanic. This position has the possibility of turning into full-time in the near future and will be a year round position.
Two-Wheel Feel recently opened up after the owners of Hooked on Colfax coffee shop and bar, located next door, took over the 81 year old Collins’ Bike Shop. We are bringing the same dedication to quality and service that has
allowed Hooked to thrive over the past 10 years.
We are looking for a person who has the same ideals as us and a love for bikes. You will be required to treat each customer with respect and honesty no matter their gender, race, or social status. You must be able to quickly look at a bike and assess what needs to be repaired, tuned or replaced and be able to give a customer a quote. But we also want to exceed people’s expectations of what a bike shop should be. Our space was designed to be modern rustic and inviting. For instance, if we are working on fixing a wheel and notice the chain or brakes are loose, we just fix them at no extra charge. On that note, if someone comes in with a problem that only requires us to tighten a bolt or two, we will show them what was wrong so they know next time and send them on their way with no charge. Soon we will be offering classes as well so we can show people how to do some basic to advanced maintenance so they will hopefully be encouraged to ride more often. If this sounds like the kind of community oriented bike shop you would like to be a part of, then look at our suggested requirements below and stop by in person during business hours to bring us your resume and maybe chat for a bit if we have time. Requirements are flexible and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- 2 years experience working in a bicycle shop as a mechanic.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds(some of those bikes are heavy!) and be able to carry said heavy bikes up and down a flight of stairs. Most of our storage space is in the basement.
- Flexibility in scheduling your hours. We will try and maintain a fixed schedule, but you must be willing to cover shifts or possibly work special events.
What you get:
- This position starts at $13/hour and will go up to $14/hour after the first month trial period.
- Free coffee drinks and employee pricing on food and booze at Hooked on Colfax.
- A super chill place to work and do what you love where you are appreciated and awarded for your effort.
Bring your resume to 3217 E. Colfax Ave. Denver, CO during business hours Monday-Friday 12-6 or Saturday/Sunday 10-5 and ask for Scott.