- Friday, March 14th, Ride your bike outside. That's right. Take advantage of the time change and sunshine. Trackie fiend, Amanda Cyr assures us "I am NOT going to ride inside at all no matter what. Hurricane = I ride outside, Snow = I ride outside, Heat Wave = I ride outside!" 303 urges you to do the same.
- Saturday, March 15th, Pedaling for St. Pat's (Colorado Springs). For all our Southie friends: there are a ton of fun things going on in downtown CO Springs on Saturday. Family, intermediate and challenging routes offered as well as riding in the parade.
- Saturday, March 15th, Boulder Beer's St. Patrick's Day Celebration. While not really bike related, BB donates a lot of good beer to cycling events here in CO. Ride your bike there, and avoid the parking hassles.
- Sunday, March 16th, Bicycle Longmont's Annual Party. Join Bicycle Longmont at Left Hand Brewing Company for their Annual Party, where they will celebrate all that is awesome about BIKEmont. If you've wondered how to get involved with BL, the G'Knight Ride, Bike Valet, our newest venture - the Longmont Bike Garage or have ideas for Longmont Bike Night - Please join them!
- Saturday, March 15th: Sweet mother. It's here already. The Colorado School of Mines Oredigger Classic Hill Climb is a 4-mile individual time trial to the top of famous Lookout Mountain. This is a challenging climb with 1,228 ft of elevation. It's like the streets of San Francisco up there so bring your trainer.
- *Also, race director Marty Quinn (of the Golden Gran Fondo) will have a tent at the base of the Lookout to convince you to participate in the GGF this summer. Stop in and say hello. It's more pure suffering for the future.
- Saturday, March 15th, 4:30 p.m. Oredigger Classic Collegiate Street Sprints. Stick around in Golden for a bit (there are plenty of breweries in which to recover) and cheer on the college fasties. It will be like that one scene from the movie "Grease."
- Sunday, March 16th: The Oredigger Classic Criterium. A 1.8-km course around the CSM campus with a good climb to ensure a tough race and good times. Start/Finish will be located at 1500 Illinois St. *Watch that corner of Maple and 12th. It's a rough one.
Group Rides (a mix of fun AND suffering)
Looking for a group ride? We hear this over and over again! Here's a few to hook you up. All three are open to the public and have a mix of team members and individuals. Check with the shop if weather is questionable. Rides require a road bike but vary in speed/required skill.
- Saturdays (North Boulder) Boulder Cycle Sport North Ride.
Ride leaves at 10 a.m. from BCS North. The pace (pretty fast) and route is determined by the group of the day. Solid handling skills and knowledge of the area required. *Boulder Cycle Sport is also looking for new members for their Community Road Team. Give them a shout for more details.
- Saturdays (Cherry Creek) Adventure Cycling Group Ride. The shop opens at 9:30 a.m. for bagels and coffee and maintenance needs. This no-drop ride leaves at 10 a.m. Avg distance is 24-28 miles with several points of regrouping along the way. For any questions, please call Erik at 303-699-2514.
- Sundays (Golden) Peak Cycles Group Ride.This ride is fast paced, but fun (avgs 20 mph...climbing). It's led by "Big George" Mullen, master fitter at Peak. The group splits several times so may get dropped, but you probably won't be alone. Women are welcome (and they attend)! For questions, give the shop a call at (303) 216-1616.
- Sundays (Highlands Ranch) BikeSource Group Ride. The ride rolls out from the BikeSource parking lot (C-470 and University) at 9 a.m. This is a no drop ride usually averaging 30-40 miles. Thanks to "Commuter Kyle" for sharing!
Bike Shop Happiness
This weekend several shops are clearing space which means more for your pot of gold.
- Lucky Bikes Re-cyclery, (which is the community bike shop for Trips for Kids) is going green, so to speak. In celebration of the upcoming Irish Holiday - Lucky Bike's will be offering a 10% discount on every thing green in the store this weekend - including LBR jerseys, bikes, etc. If it is green it is on sale!
- Bicycle Village (Aurora store in particular) is having a huge sale on bikes and all kinds of gear. Check out the monster tent in the parking lot. Pat Mayben swears of "Killer pre-season deals!" And if Pay Mayben says it, it's true.
- Saturdays,The Kick Stand (Castle Rock) has it's weekly volunteer wrenching. From 9 a.m.-1 p.m. you can wrench at 1/9 work stations with everything you need to make someone happy on the bike.
- Saturdays, Lucky Bikes has it's weekly "Volunteer Shop Day". Giving back is like finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Well, almost. Bike tools are easier to carry than gold though. That we can guarantee.
*Do you have an event you'd like posted on this? 1. Get it on our calendar. 2. Email Katie@303cycling.com the event by Thursday nights. 3. We will hook you up.