Are you a designer with strong conceptual skills and a keen eye for detail? Do you pride yourself on intelligent interaction design and creating the best user experience possible? If so Peaksware, LLC, developer of TrainingPeaks.com, is looking for a full time, in-house UX designer to design pixel perfect web pages for new and existing web sites and mobile products. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, comfortable working within tight deadlines, work well in a team environment and understand how triathletes, cyclists and runners think. If your design and problem solving abilities are sharpened to a degree where each design is not seen in isolation, but instead as part of a larger user experience picture, we might just be the right fit for you.
Scope and responsibilities
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Creative Officer and work with the marketing and technical staff to design for both current and new web and mobile products.
- Contributing to concepts and strategy in a collaborative environment
- Ability to sketch and storyboard initial concepts
- Demonstrated experience working with large datasets and/or product details and components to create stunning information visuals
- Working with multiple teams to concept and design interactive and Web-based solutions
- Ability to comprehend and concept from an architected road map (IA)
- Creation of pixel perfect page layouts in storyboard form
- Ability to articulate design rationale and solutions in a compelling and persuasive manner
- Understanding of web standards and trends in the industry
Experience and skill requirements
The successful candidate will have experience designing interactive experiences, web sites and mobile apps and the technical requirements necessary to execute those experiences.
- A portfolio that reflects your ability to solve complex interaction design challenges
- Five or more years of experience in all aspects of design
- Leverage tools of the trade such as the Adobe Suite
- Ability to adhere to project timelines and scope
- Understand the mechanics of production for web and multimedia
- Basic understanding of HTML/JQuery to design effectively for the web
- Excellent time-management skills
- Experience working in a collaborative/team environment
- An appreciation and eye for compelling design
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working in an agile development process a plus
Benefits include a competitive annual salary, and full medical and dental insurance. We also pay $2400/yr toward your medical deductible, and we provide a $600/yr fitness allowance to purchase any items related to healthy living. We have a very flexible work schedule among a group of high-performance, highly driven professionals. Most of the employees at Peaksware are fitness/outdoor enthusiasts or competitive endurance athletes, and are passionate about both the work they do and the products they produce. We are located just 6 miles east of Boulder, CO. If you are looking for a great atmosphere, fun people, and the ability to make a difference in the health and fitness of people everywhere, we want to talk with you. Send a cover letter and your resume to: hr(at sign)peaksware(dot)com. Plain text, PDF or MS Word format is preferred.