August 25th, 2012 was the day the USA Pro Challenge stage race rolled through Boulder and brought professional cycling back to the Colorado. This video was produced by Boulder Channel 8 and the City of Boulder. The video highlights Stage 6.
This Thursday (Nov 1), Boulder City Council will be talking about the USA Pro Cycling Challenge. The same voices that didn't want the race here the first time around will be out in force to shut it down. If you can go to the council meeting, please show up and speak. Otherwise, email council: firstname.lastname@example.org See Nov 1 Council Agenda
Some talking points:
- city council should support flagstaff as the alpe d'huez of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge
- we might not host the event every year, but we sh
ould aim to be a part of the event as often as possible
- this is a community event, we Boulder citizens loved it!
- the economic impact of the event is not measured in a single day's tax revenue, but in the intangibles like the Boulder brand and long-term tourism
- people behaved responsibly, lower enforcement on Flagstaff and save some money
- this event encourages cycling and an active lifestyle