Colorado Springs, Colo. (April 24, 2013) – USA Cycling, the national governing body for all disciplines of competitive cycling in the United States, on Wednesday announced a partnership with Strava, the social fitness application for dedicated athletes, that provides a richer membership and training experience for USA Cycling members.
“USA Cycling is at the heart of competitive cycling in the U.S., so the link with Strava is a natural fit," says USA Cycling President & CEO Steve Johnson. “We're very excited about this new partnership, as Strava brings a new dimension to our sport by enabling cyclists across any discipline to track their performance and share accomplishments with friends. Ultimately, bringing USA Cycling members together in the Strava community is a great way to grow bicycle racing.”
Strava allows users to track their rides, analyze their stats, and compare their performance against friends, locals and pros. An upgrade to Strava Premium provides even deeper analytics, like advanced power training and heart rate analysis, and even more motivational features like performance goals and filtered leaderboards.
“We’re really happy to be working with USA Cycling in order to connect athletes and help them become more informed about their training and racing,” says Jordan Kobert, vice president of business development at Strava. “It’s our hope that Strava can provide even more training intelligence, motivation, and fun to USA Cycling members.”
Strava activities can be added to USA Cycling member pages by signing into the USA Cycling website and following these 5 quick steps:
- Go to the profile tab of your "My Page" to link or unlink your account with Strava
- Add the new Strava widget to your "My Page" once your account is linked with Strava
- See your recent ride activity and distance by date with the new Strava widget
- Click on a date and see the Strava segments included in that ride
- Click on a segment name and see the leader board with the top 10 times along with your own