Responsible for coaching, training, and performance enhancement techniques for all athletes coached by this position. Responsible for working with the other BCSM coaches to ensure a uniform quality of coaching and delivery of performance services at BCSM. Position will also be responsible for camp coordination, speaking engagements, and other public outreach by BCSM coaches.
Education or Formal Training
Undergraduate degree in exercise physiology or equivalent from accredited college or university required, MS preferred.
Special Qualifications (Licensure, Registration, etc.)
1. Extensive endurance experience with at least five (5) years’ of MTB race involvement.
2. Valid USAC Level II, Level I preferred.
3. NSCA CSCS preferred.
4. Valid Colorado Driver License
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Able to plan, design, and maintain coaching plans for both local and distance (internet) athletes.
2. Able to lead structured group work outs both on and off campus in a safe manner.
3. Able to identify camp needs, develop, plan, and implement endurance camps in and around Boulder, CO and nationwide
4. Effectively incorporate pace, power, and HR/GPS training into coaching.
5. Knowledge of Training Peaks software.
1. Previous and current coaching experience of endurance, MTB, and multi-sport athletes.
2. Camp development, budgeting, and management.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
1. Exercise equipment, including but not limited to free weights, physio-balls, treadmills, stationary bicycle, Alter-G Treadmill, theraband, and stretching equipment.
2. Ice machine
4. VASA Swim Ergometer
5. Voice Mail System
7. BCSM Van
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
1. Standing and sitting for extended periods
2. Exposure to weather, elevation, and other outdoor elements during outdoor training and group runs.
3. Normal driving condition and traffic during travel to and from outdoor training,group runs, and camps