If you haven't tried a pair of thermal bike shorts you are missing out. I have been using Panache Fleece Bib Shorts for a couple weeks now and they are my go to shorts when the temperature dips below 55F. I do a lot of my riding early in the morning so these have been getting a lot of ride time.
The fleece lined shorts keep your legs extra warm. If the temps dip lower, add a pair of leg warmers and you will be very comfortable.
Here are some technical specifications from the Panache web site:
- FABRIC: 220 weight Roubiax fleece. Durable, long-wearing nylon under the chamois, compression Power Lycra on the printed panels for good looks and muscular support. Breathable, wicking poly elsewhere to regulate temps.
- CONSTRUCITON: Nine panels let us put the right material in the right place. Absolutely no cross-seam in the chamois, making the most comfortable contact point possible.
- CHAMOIS: High density open-cell all-way stretch foam padding with two layer X-TRACT fabric against the skin. Ultra fast drying with great breathability.
- COMPRESSION: Studies show supported, stable muscles last longer. Rest up for the bunch kick.
- STITCHING: Flatlock seams - smoother, stronger seams mean smoother, stronger riding.
- TAGLESS: No tags, no chafing, no problem.
- GRIPPER: Long-lasting, no-crack silicone for durability.
- GRAPHICS: Digital printing means vibrant, crisp, accurate graphics. Your team designs won’t run or bleed, giving them more pop than you’ve ever seen.
- FIT: Performance fit.
You want a pair? You can buy them online.