Status: Full Time
The Bikes Belong Coalition (bikesbelong.org) is the U.S. bicycle industry organization dedicated to getting more people riding bikes more often. Bikes Belong works to increase federal bike funding, awards grants to support innovative bike projects, promotes bicycling and its benefits, and backs crucial national efforts such as Safe Routes to School, Bicycle Friendly Communities, and the National Bike Summit. The affiliated Bikes Belong Foundation focuses on improving bicycle safety and enhancing children's bike programs. Bikes Belong also manages the Peopleforbikes.org campaign, an unprecedented effort to unite one million Americans behind a pledge in support of better bicycling in the U.S.
This individual will directly oversee, manage, and produce all marketing and communications for Bikes Belong Coalition and Foundation. This is a full time position, based in our Boulder office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directly oversees, manages, and produces all marketing and communications efforts for Bikes Belong
• Collaborates in the ongoing development of the Bikes Belong and Peopleforbikes.org brands
• Works closely with the Vice President and Finance Director to adhere to budget guidelines and deliver on marketing objectives
• Plans and oversees the advertising and promotion activities for Bikes Belong and Peopleforbikes.org
• Assists in managing other employees, as it relates to marketing projects
• Works with team to write and edit newsletters, brochures, annual reports, press releases, advertisements, and other marketing collateral
• Directs strategy for the peopleforbikes.org individual outreach campaign
• Directs the development, maintenance, and content of the Bikes Belong website and the Peopleforbikes.org website
• Collaborates with Vice President and President on PR strategy and oversees management of PR agency.
• Interfaces and coordinates with vendors, including marketing consultants, advertising agencies, website companies, photographers, printers, etc.
• Plans and coordinates booth materials for tradeshows and other events; staffs booths
• Plans, coordinates, and provides art direction for photo shoots
• Contributes to the upkeep and maintenance of a small office
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, or related field