Gov. Hickenlooper provided the attendees of the Colorado Bike Summit with a keynote speech. Key points in his speech include
- Make Colorado the Healthiest state in the Union, not just the thinnest
- Colorado should use other successful cities like Copenhagen as an example of how bike friendly one can be.
- More CDOT attention to bicyclist in all projects.
- Continue to improve the cycling brand that Colorado has.
- Get cities competing between each other for cycling friendly communities. Hickenlooper points out Fort Collins great success.
More analysis and coverage from the Colorado Bike Summit to come later this week.