LAKEWOOD, Colo., Aug. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/
FirstBank, Colorado's second largest bank by deposits, announced today it has partnered with cycling expert and former journalist, Jasen Thorpe
(@jasenthorpe), and recognized cycling fashion and race commentator, Maiko (@mmmaiko), to host daily updates, interviews and Q&As during the week long USA Pro Challenge professional cycling race on FirstBank's Twitter page:@efirstbank..
The Pro Challenge, which is recognized as one of the largest cycling events in North America and voted a Top 5 Race internationally according a recent poll from Cycling News, will take place Aug. 18-24 and will travel through many cities in Colorado where FirstBank has branch locations such as Aspen, Boulder, Breckenridge, Colorado Springs, Denver and Vail.
Photo: courtesy of Zinncycles.com
In addition to providing ongoing race coverage and updates, Thorpe and Maiko will host live Q&As and interviews with the following experts:
- Lennard Zinn (@LennardZinn), Boulder resident and longtime technical editor/contributor at Velonews.com, Velo Magazine, owner of Zinn custom cycles and author of the go-to book on bike maintenance, "Zinn and the Art of Bicycle Maintenance," will answer audience questions on bike technology, and provide technical commentary during the USAPC through @efirstBank. Zinn's work can be found at Velonews.com, ZinnCycles.com, and http://www.velopress.com/authors/lennard-zinn/ .
- Katie Macarelli of 303Cycling.com (@303Cycling) will provide real-time commentary, and help put courses, host cities and riders in a uniquely Colorado context, with advice for fans on spectating, riding opportunities and events in and around the cities. 303 Cycling is the premier source for news on all things cycling in Colorado, and your guide to engaging the cycling community wherever. 303Cycling.com.
- Dirk Friel of TrainingPeaks (@TrainingPeaks) is among the world's leading providers of training tools for coaches and athletes alike. Friel will provide insight into the athletes' training and preparation, the realities of what it requires to perform at the level of a pro, and analysis of athlete power profiles from each stage of the race. TrainingPeaks is the Colorado-based authority on training for endurance sports and cycling. Trainingpeaks.com.
- Sarai Snyder (@SaraiSnyder) is the founder of GirlBikeLove.com (@GirlBikeLove) and the global Cyclofemme series of rides (@Cyclofemme). Snyder is also a Boulder resident who has committed her career to expanding opportunities for women inside and outside the sport of cycling. Snyder will join us to talk women's cycling, events and Colorado riding opportunities.
- Jen See (@_Gavia_) is a regular contributor to the most popular US cycling titles and websites, and has built considerable experience reporting on the personalities within the peloton and the broader racing community. She will be sharing these experiences and related insights with us during the race.
- Ryan Muncy of Rachershots (Racershots.com) The Colorado-based cycling photographer will be providing daily photography from within the peloton and behind the scenes.