Bicycle Colorado is the statewide bicycling organization dedicated to building a bicycle-friendly Colorado. Our non-profit is celebrating its 20th anniversary and is one of the leading bike advocacy groups in the country. Our core programs include Safe Routes to School, Complete Streets, Mountain Bike Trail Pros and Share the Road, each with the goal of improving safety and conditions for bicyclists across the state.
Bicycle Colorado’s offices are conveniently located in downtown Denver near bike paths, light rail lines and bus stations. Indoor bicycle parking is provided. We take our work seriously but have a casual and friendly work environment.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the major responsibilities for this position include:
- Drafting and development of eNews articles (semimonthly electronic newsletter)
- Distribution of eNews through Constant Contact; post to website and Facebook
- Oversee production of Ride Time News (quarterly hard-copy newsletter), including drafting, development and coordination of articles, editing articles and overseeing layout with an outside designer; final proofing of newsletter
- Development of Annual Report for inclusion in Ride Time News and/or as a stand-alone piece
- Coordinate the printing and mailing of Ride Time News with outside vendors
- Lead and coordinate social media posts and strategy
- Graphic design of web banner ads, handouts, etc.
- Extensive communications experience – drafting and editing of professional publications is a must
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Website, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr experience
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus
- Windows and MS Office computer skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere
- Knowledge of bicycling and interest in Colorado bicycling issues
This position will require 20 - 24 hours per week at our LoDo office on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Occasional evenings or weekends needed for special events. Additional hours may be required on a cyclical workload basis as needed.
We offer an hourly rate that is competitive in the non-profit sector. The selected candidate may enroll and contribute a portion of premiums to health, vision and dental plans. A transit benefit is also included in the compensation package.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume, two writing samples and references. You may also include relevant online content and graphic design samples. Posting to remain open until position is hired. Email to: jobs AT BicycleColorado DOT org
Bicycle Colorado’s policy is to offer equal employment opportunity to all its applicants and employees.