The League of American Bicyclist recently granted Colorado Springs and Durango a "Silver" status and Longmount Bronze for being a friendly biking community. To get this award they must meet 2 or more of the 5 E's which are...
- Education: Does that city have facilities to train adults and children on proper bike riding?
- Enforcement: Does the law agency know how to protect and enforce bike laws?
- Encouragement: Does the community encourage cycling, like Bike to Work, bike racing, etc.
- Evaluation: Are the biking programs working?
- Engineering: Are cyclist included in city planning?
The scoring has 4 levels, Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze of which Boulder has a Gold status.
See how other cities rank