We are seeking a Customer Service Representative who can address the needs and concerns of our customers on our eBay store. The perfect candidate will be a fellow bike nerd with a strong attention to detail and strong computer skills.
The Pros Closet (TPC) is the world’s largest retailer of previously-owned and overstock bikes and cycling gear on eBay. TPC helps bike retailers, athletes, manufacturers, and bike enthusiasts sell their gear in a hassle-free way. TPC currently operates exclusively on eBay and study’s auction science to sell its inventory quickly and efficiently.
Founded in 2007 by a former professional mountain biker living out of his Volkswagen Bus, The Pro’s Closet started as a hobby and quickly grew into an easy way for professional cycling teams to sell their used gear. Since then, TPC has become a highly-regarded ecommerce destination for people around the world to buy and sell previously-owned bikes and gear.
With just under 40 employees in our casual, yet fast-paced environment, we recently received an investment from an experienced investment firm to expand our marketplace beyond eBay and to further accelerate our rapid growth. With deep industry relationships, we are already the leader in what we do and we’re barely scratching the surface. This is an exciting time to join us!
To be the trusted marketplace for cyclists to buy and sell gear they use to pursue the sport they love. Our marketplace is built to inspire cyclists to discover more ways to extend their ride by unlocking the value in gear that already exists.
The Customer Service Representative ensures that our customer experience is exceptional and upholds our commitment to supplying the same level of customer service one would expect from their trusted local shop, only in an online marketplace. The Customer Service manager responsibilities include but not limited to organizing and maintaining client and customer communications as well as upholding our companies’ policies.
The position calls for regular, close communication with consumers, clients and other departments within the company. Maintaining a positive, helpful attitude is imperative in this position. Flexibility and a willingness to help in any way possible are needed in our small, dynamic team environment. Time management skills, including the ability to work efficiently, accurately, and be self-motivated, are critical. Knowledge of bikes is a plus.
• Train, manage, and track the policy development and deployment of the customer service department.
• Investigate issues with customers / clients and find solutions.
• Manage communications within eBay. This includes but is not limited to customer questions, messages, feedback profile, DSR ratings, and Resolution Center.
• Manage overall communication with clients and customers.
• Oversee the return processes.
• Answer and manage the phone system and direct calls.
• Isolate and identify areas of improvement.
• Work with management on customer service initiatives.
• Two to four years of customer service and/or retail experience, preferably in the bike industry.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
• College degree preferred.
• A passion for success, a positive and friendly attitude and a consistent work ethic are all a must.
• A passion for the outdoors.
• Position is based out of our Boulder location.
The Pro’s Closet offers competitive compensation for the outdoor industry. The starting hourly rate is $12.50 per hour. There is a 90 day training period and once completed the employee will have their initial review to reevaluate base pay.
Pay will then be based off of the employee’s productivity and accuracy.
The Pro’s Closet also provides generous discounts on gear as well as the ability to sell your own product at an employee rate.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to make instant and substantial contributions to the success of the company. The Pro’s Closet is one of the fastest growing companies in the outdoor industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter some background information on your experience or knowledge you may have working with bikes and bike components.