Pay range: Starts at $11.25 p/hr depending on experience
Dates of employment: ASAP – March 1, 2016
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Click the “apply online” link and fill out the application and include a copy of your resume and cover letter.
About SmartEtailing: SmartEtailing is the leading provider of web solutions, data integration and business intelligence for the specialty bicycle industry in the US and Canada. SmartEtailing's mission is to empower local specialty retailers, and their suppliers, by providing the tools and technologies to more effectively compete with large retail chains and online-only operations.
Long story short: SmartEtailing needs seasonal help (from 10/1 - 3/1) in our quest to serve all the brands of the bike industry. We’re looking for a Data Entry Specialist, preferably with cycling knowledge and experience. The
right applicant will understand cycling.
Job Purpose: Primary responsibility is product entry into our master catalog. The right person will quickly, efficiently enter data and provide exceptional focus and communication. Additional duties may include obtaining product information from suppliers, basic Photoshop work, light HTML editing, helping with race reports, participating in production of (modeling for) photo/video for use in content, and excellent personal, email and phone communication.
Organizational/Reporting Structure: This position reports to the Lead Content Coordinator who reports to the Content Manager respectively. The master catalog is among SmartEtailing’s most important products for its clients. The DES1 (Data Entry Specialist 1) does not have any direct reports.
Job Tasks, Responsibilities, Accountabilities:
• Imports manufacturer product information from Excel Spreadsheets into SmartEtailing’s Quick Catalog Loader Tool. Sets up framework of catalog items in SmartEtailing’s online Library, or master catalog.
• Product entry in SmartEtailing master product catalog: including data entry of specs, prices, part numbers, UPCs and images, and adding informative features.
• Ability to focus on quantity in face of repetitive work.
• Other duties as assigned.
SmartEtailing Content employees must be proficient at all of the attributes/skills/abilities/passions listed below (or prolific at some).
1. cycling and cyclists of all types
2. bicycle-retail product knowledge - the brands, categories, trends and niche products sold in the industry
3. catalog production - consistent, concise data entry to create the best, most-complete catalog
4. sweating the details of our technical content/catalog to get everything correct, consistent, mistake-free
• Knowledge/Skills - Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel, Bicycle retail categories and data entry tools
• Abilities- attention to detail, working with others to meet SmartEtailing goals.
• Experience- some combination of bicycle familiarity, data entry experience, catalog expertise or knowledge.
• Education- college graduate preferred, cycling experience preferred, retail experience/industry experience a plus.
• Behavioral Attributes- positivity, enjoys teamwork, displays positive, can-do attitude, is deadline/goal oriented and energetic/passionate.
• Other related criteria- must be able to work at computer for extended periods of time and remain focused in close proximity to