DENVER BOULDER COURIERS
JOB TITLE: BIKE COURIER
The Bike Courier is responsible for picking up and dropping off deliveries via bike. Some of the traits for a well-rounded bike courier are: they are quick thinking, possess strong navigation skills, and have extensive varied-weather bike-riding experience.
Most deliveries are business-to-business although occasionally we do business-to-consumer deliveries. Typical deliveries include paperwork, bank deposits, mail, engineering/ architect plans and small boxes. As the face of our company, we need all couriers to be professional and courteous with customers, delivery recipients, and the public.
Essential Duties & Job Functions
• Report to work on-time each day with bike, radio, and gear.
• Always have on hand essential materials: pen, paper, receipts, service notices. Have these ready
when calling dispatch.
• Pick up and drop off assigned deliveries.
• Communicate concisely with dispatch to receive orders.
• Plan and follow the most efficient routes for delivering quickly.
• Be a team player--work with dispatch and fellow riders to get jobs done in the most efficient way possible. Be flexible and ready to modify your route at a moment's notice.
• Record information, such as items acknowledged, picked up, and by getting the FULL name at "point of delivery" (POD).
• Always Promote DBC--Help us keep and acquire new customers.
If you think you may be a good fit for this position, please respond with a resume and cover letter email resume/job history to : email@example.com,