The International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA), a results-driven, non-profit organization headquartered in Boulder, Colorado is seeking a full-time, salaried exempt Senior Director of Strategic Marketing. The Director serves the association as its strategic marketing officer and will oversee the creation and development of an integrated marketing and communication effort to advance and substantially increase the impact of its growing portfolio of programs.
A special focus of this effort is the continued significant capacity building, measured in membership growth, of IMBA’s local chapters serving over 100,000 constituents in 203 communities throughout the USA. In addition to its local community focus, the marketing program supports the expansion of IMBA’s international programs. The end results for this new position will be continued growth of engagement of our constituency of members, donors and supporters inclusive of individual mountain bike enthusiasts, industry members and government land managers and their agencies.
Reporting to the Vice President of Chapter and Member Services, and working strategically with IMBA’s senior management team, as well as local volunteer leadership and other advisors, the Senior Director of Strategic Marketing will establish and implement a comprehensive and effective marketing effort. This effort will include research, planning and implementation at a variety of levels and in a variety of markets utilizing multiple communication channels.
The Senior Director of Strategic Marketing must have the ability to develop, analyze, and implement marketing functions, with emphasis on metric driven results in membership growth, program participation, advocacy engagement and brand equity building at all levels of the organization.
The Senior Director of Strategic Marketing will develop and implement effective strategies appropriate for each of these target audiences. These strategies will result in new and deeper constituent engagement and continued brand equity. The ideal candidate will bring a creative yet practical approach to marketing, with an underlying strength in strategic analysis and communication. He/she will be someone with a disciplined and analytical background who can act quickly in execution. This individual must be an organized and seasoned professional who is an exceptionally gifted communicator, work productively in a collaborative, team environment, and be comfortable and effective in a national association with a diverse constituency who are being served and engaged directly via the association’s local chapters.
The Senior Director of Strategic Marketing filling this position will be expected to oversee IMBA's long-term marketing vision, while consistently producing short-term successes. Success and accountability will be based on agreed-upon metrics and generally include deeper levels of constituents’ engagement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Strategic Planning & Implementation
- Working strategically with the IMBA senior management team, determine marketing strategies and key objectives, harmonized with the organization’s governing board approved strategic plan;
- Research and utilize market data to guide marketing strategies and objectives.
- Develop and implement applications of the marketing and communication plans for all local, national, and international initiatives.
- Work across the association's programs and use all appropriate media to create innovative strategies and campaigns that inspire deeper engagement.
Management & Administration
- Communicate and work with the senior management team and leadership on marketing related matters.
- Provide leadership to and coordinate between departmental staff to ensure that marketing and communication efforts are coordinated, consistent, and appropriate.
- Research, analyze and prepare reports and performance metrics.
- Establish and enforce policies to ensure a clear, consistent, and powerful message.
- Serve as liaison to consultants and selected contractors.
- Teach and implement marketing activities for the benefit of national and local (chapter) engagement.
- Oversee the marketing budget, including in-kind advertising.
Creative Development & Direction
- Increase online engagement via imba.com, mtbproject.com, chapter websites and social media channels.
- Enhance brand identities for IMBA and select program’s brands.
- Develop and implement campaigns to promote brand recognition and to significantly increase membership renewals and acquisition.
- Identify merchandising opportunities and partnerships that will enhance the IMBA brand and programs.
- The successful candidate will possess:
- Sound strategic judgment, and common sense necessary for effective leadership.
- Strong analytic, interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Innovative and critical thinking skills; ability to solve problems.
- Ability to sell ideas and concepts and work persuasively with colleagues.
- Deep understanding of active lifestyle/sport markets, especially mountain biking, digital advertising and social media tools/opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree; Minimum five years marketing experience with national brand.
- Demonstrable interest and commitment to the specific vision and mission of IMBA.
- The successful candidate will be passionate about mountain biking, with an energetic, “can-do” personality, who is comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
Immediate Supervisor: Vice President, Chapter and Member Services
Benefits (subject to change): Health, Dental, SIMPLE IRA, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Vacation and Sick Leave
Salary: Based on qualifications
Applying: Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume together in the same file to firstname.lastname@example.org (with job title in subject line) by Wednesday November 25, 2015 Noon EST.
IMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.