The Denver Post is currently seeking an individual to assist in the production of both the 2015 Ride The Rockies (RTR) and Pedal The Plains (PTP) Bicycle Tours.
This is a full-time temporary position. Dates of employment: March 2 – October 2.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with on-site production of event June 13 – 20 & September 18 - 20 o Assist in production of event collateral and materials
- Assist in production and distribution of promotional materials
- Assist in management of office and Tour volunteers
- Assist in coordination of Cycling Seminars
- Assist in coordination of Nightly Programming and Opening & Closing Ceremonies o Assist in the coordination and management of Silent Auction
- Assist in the coordination of Start and Finish Town Expos
- Oversee First Time Rider Event & Wheat Ridge Cyclery Pre-Tour Clinic
- Manage hotline and general inbox for both Tours
- Additional clerical responsibilities
- Ability to lift 30+ pounds
During the two Tours, you will travel with the event and help coordinate all logistics in the different host communities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Windows/Microsoft Office literacy
- Special event experience
- Great customer service skills
- Database management experience
- Extremely detail oriented
- Must possess strong writing and communications skills o Able to work independently and with others as a team
This Special Event Internship offers the following compensation range depending on past experience:
$10 - $13 per hour and set pay of $1100 - $1300 the week of RTR and $500 the weekend of PTP.
The Denver Post Ride The Rockies 101 W. Colfax Denver, CO 80202 303.954.6700 email@example.com
To learn more about these Tours, benefiting The Denver Post Community Foundation, please visit
ridetherockies.com and pedaltheplains.com.
￼If interested in this opportunity please email your resume along with a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use INTERSHIP as the subject line. Resumes will not be accepted after February 9, 2015.
Candidates will be vetted and interviews will be scheduled the second week of February.