Position Type: Hourly, 15-20 hours/week
Overview: The Instructor Certification Program Representative position is a part-time, hourly non-exempt position responsible for support of the ICP with a focus on administrative work, however this position also includes interaction with potential course hosts, course participants, and ICP certified individuals. Administrative duties such as data entry, printing and shipping are a significant part of this position. The ICP Representative reports to the ICP Program Manager, while working with other IMBA staff and the general public to help further IMBA’s overall mission. The ICP Representative should be an experienced mountain biker with an interest in mountain bike instruction, posses a high organizational capacity, and the ability to interact postively with the public.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Abilities:
● Organized and task oriented.
● Capable of handling constant deadlines.
● Ability to problem-solve and multitask.
● Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
● Ability to work effectively without direct supervision.
● Skilled in a variety of office-based software systems (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
● Experience working with a membership centered data base
● Personable and able to work with a wide variety of people.
● Customer service focused with a positive attitude and honest desire to help our constituents
● Experience working with Drupal or CiviCRM platform (Desired)
● Experience with handling domestic & international shipments most cost effectively (Desired)
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
● Assist with the planning and execution of ICP courses (roughly 50 events per year).
● Communicate frequently with the ICP Program Manager
● Respond to general program email inquiries in a timely manor
● Manage the printing, inventory and fulfillment for all ICP printer materials
● Update contact records within the data base, run reports and exports
● Assist with promotion of the ICP through social media, mass emails from IMBA’s database, and ICP electronic newsletter items.
● Manage program benefits renewals (currently Promotive.com team)
● Offer ideas or suggestions to help improve or create processes
About the ICP: The Instructor Certification Program was created to help people better enjoy mountain bicycling by providing standardized skills training worldwide. The ICP is one of IMBA’s newest programs and is about to finish up it’s third year of existence. The methods and foundation of our curriculum where we “teach the teachers” was created twenty years ago in Canada and was the first of its kind to be recognized in the mountain bike industry.
It is an exciting time for this new movement of instructor certification within the sport of mountain biking. We are looking for someone who can help to solidify efficient processes for the administrative side of the ICP, therefore playing an integral role in taking this new, fast paced evolving program to the next level.
Learn more about the ICP by browsing through our web pages listed in the right hand menu at https://www.imba.com/icp
Immediate Supervisor: Tammy Donahugh
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume together in the same file to email@example.com by Friday, November 27th.
IMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.