Creates and updates programs as needed including: management reports, a workflow system, results and rankings, membership tracking, and an online payment system. Programming is mainly in PHP but other software languages may be used on the job as needed. Works closely with others in the organization to create new website functionality based on department needs. Performs software testing and database administration to support of programs created. Must have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities. Must be able to understand and conceptualize applications from both a technical/programming perspective, and a business point of view. Must have a focus on providing user friendly applications that meet the needs of end-users.
- Works with key staff to develop business application requirements for functional areas such as membership, event permitting, club management, results and rankings, post-event processing, licensing, etc…
- Writes codes to specification to meet expectations of key staff. Tests, and debugs software applications prior to release, as well as during the lifecycle of the product.
- Provides programming support for organization utilizing PHP language. Analysis of needs, testing of solutions, and applying the enhanced functionality.
- Makes recommendations for system changes, including redesign and enhancements to ensure process efficiencies, staff productivity, user friendliness, and end-user satisfaction.
- Documents software specifications, and provides training to staff on how to use and support new functionality.
- Produces management reports, monitors and maintains various website systems such as the ticketing system and online payment system. Supports all backend functions, including creating and maintaining website code that auto-sends emails to members and report tools.
- Creates and builds new functionality into web site. Requests come from members, local associations, internal organization, etc.
- Occasionally takes calls from members on unrelated matters that require unique care.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Solid ability to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Solid ability to respond promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve customer service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Solid ability to adapt to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or methods to best fit the situation; ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Must display an understanding of business processes and the ability to develop user-friendly systems that support the organizational processes and goals.
Bachelor’s degree or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
General office equipment such as a computer, scanner, fax and telephone.
Microsoft Office products. Programming in PHP. Requires basic understanding of Linux. Dreamweaver, Photoshop, telnet program, putty, and code repositories.
Scope of Authority, Financial Authority, and Communication:
Responsible for function of individual position.
Works under general supervision. Has no direct report.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Generally, works in the office; therefore, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions such as high and low temperatures when working at events.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This is a full time salary position based at USA Cycling’s National Headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, sick and holidays and the opportunity to participate in a 403b plan
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Please send cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements to:
Debbie Hendrix, HR Director
210 USA Cycling Point, Suite 100
Colorado Springs, CO 80919