We're hiring a Project Manager for our Boulder Bike Challenge (event to come this fall, organized by GO Boulder and global encouragement platform Love to Ride), and we'd like to spread the word! Here's the text of our job posting:
Purpose of Challenge Manager
To implement and manage Love to Ride Boulder and the Boulder Bike Challenge 2015 and ensure project targets are met within the agreed timescale.
A Challenge Manager is required to join Love to Ride - the online platform that makes it easy and fun to get more people cycling. We are an innovative social marketing agency that specializes in designing and implementing behavior change programs that get more people cycling. We require a Challenge Manager for our best practice ‘Workplace Bike Challenge’ program which is to be run in Boulder in association with GO Boulder (City of Boulder) and local partners. The Boulder Bike Challenge is a fun, free competition between businesses in the Boulder region to see which can encourage the most employees to cycle over a one-month period in September 2015. The organizations and teams that get the highest percentage to ride a bike for just 10 minutes or more will win.
Scope of Challenge Manager
The purpose of the Challenge Manager is to successfully deliver the Boulder Bike Challenge, by developing relationships with key contacts within businesses and encouraging as many businesses and people as possible to take part. The aim
is to encourage 50-100 businesses and 1,500-3,000 employees to participate, of which 300-800 participants are ‘new riders’. The focus will be on utilizing existing cyclists to encourage new or inexperienced cyclists to ride a bike for the Challenge.
Roles and Responsibilities
The primary roles and responsibilities of this role are to:
• Act as a central liaison for stakeholders and project partners, developing and maintaining effective working relationships and providing regular progress reports.
• Encourage businesses to register and participate in the Challenge. This will involve: contacting potential businesses by phone and in person (sometimes with warm leads, but cold leads will also need to be contacted and engaged); giving presentations; meeting with relevant staff and selling in the Challenge concept; running media stunts; distributing flyers to bike shops, on trails, and on parked bikes; promotion at local events etc.
• Contact and engage local partner organizations and encourage them to promote the Challenge externally to their networks.
• Supporting the partner org (GO Boulder, DRCOG, etc.) staff members who maintain relationships with the transportation contacts of companies in Boulder – providing them with the support and guidance to sell the Challenge to their contacts.
• Source and manage sponsored incentives and prizes.
• Identify suitable Champions within participating businesses, develop effective workings relations with them, and provide on-going support so that they can promote the Challenge effectively internally and succeed at getting a high number of colleagues participating in the Challenge.
• Deliver registration materials to Champions at registered businesses before the Challenge starts and brief the Champions.
• Provide excellent customer service to all participants and workplace Champions.
• Contact and deliver prizes to the Challenge winners.
• Carry out monitoring activities to help evaluate the Challenge e.g. collection of case studies, monitoring numbers at events.
• Carry out any other duties defined by the Operations Manager that may be necessary to further the aims of the Challenge.
The Challenge Manager will be a friendly people person who is excellent at building corporate relationships and capable of presenting and selling the Challenge professionally face to face. You will be an enthusiastic, quality driven self-starter with a can-do attitude and a structured approach to work. The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong sales and presentation skills
• Strong organizational skills, with a target-oriented approach
• Experience in project management
• Dedicated ‘make it happen’ attitude
• Effective at developing and maintaining relationships at all levels
• Confident to work independently
• Knowledge and ability to bicycle safely
• IT literate.
To the Program Manager at Love to Ride.
Working remotely in Boulder. You will have support from a Program Manager and
to Ride project team.
This position is a fixed term contract over a three month period from June 29nd to October 19th, 2015, working for at least 40 days at 2-4 days a week for the
11 weeks leading up to the Challenge and the 4.5 weeks during the Challenge (leaving 1 day or so for wrap up after the Challenge) for a fixed fee of $7,200 plus a performance based bonus of up to $1,000.
How to apply
A big part of this role involves engaging people and businesses and selling them on the idea of taking part in the Boulder Bike Challenge. One of the quickest ways that we can assess your suitability for this role, and one of the quickest ways that you can apply for it, is for your to submit a 60-90 second video telling us about yourself, your experience and why you think you would be perfect for the role. Please also include where you are based and when you can start. Your video certainly doesn't need to be anything fancy. There is no need for graphics, intro slides, etc. A simple, 1 shot video of you talking directly to the camera, shot on a smart phone or webcam, will be perfect. You can upload the video onto YouTube (or similar) or email it to email@example.com by 9pm on Sunday 22 June 2015. After we’ve reviewed your video and suitability for the role, we will email an application form for you to complete. Candidates will then be shortlisted for interviews. If you’d like to apply but you’re unable to make a video, please email us for an application form.
For any questions, please contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you think you would be a perfect match for this role, we hope you enjoy making your video and we look forward to hearing from you.
The Love to Ride Team