Bicycle Village is Colorado's finest bike shop and an integral part of the Colorado cycling community. Our customers are a diverse cross-section of multicultural people, from novice riders who enjoy cycling for recreation, to world-class professional athletes and everything in between. They expect the best from us whether they are shopping for bikes, components, clothing or accessories. And at BV it's not good enough to do just enough, we consistently exceed expectations.
Our Bike Mechanics are responsible for assisting in store service operations, to expertly provide quality tune-ups and repairs, building bikes and offer a world-class customer experience, contributing to the success of the team and the entire company.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Interface with the customer to assess service needs
• Inspect, repair, and service customers' bicycles
• Assist in generating bike and accessory sales
• Complete accurate work order paperwork and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner
• Serve as a knowledgeable resource to customers
• Demonstrate a professional standard of customer service
• Remain current on industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products
• Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques
• Communicate with store management to achieve a seamless customer experience and maximize profitability
• Minimum of 1 year bike mechanic experience in a retail store - required
• Previous experience with various bike components, service tools, and machinery - required
• Passion for cycling / bicycles
• Ability to build all levels of bikes from the box to a safe, ride ready bike - required
• Ability to stand and move in an active, team-oriented environment for extended periods - required
• Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
• Basic computer skills
• Commitment to exceptional customer service
• Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends - required
Compensation: starting at $10.00 per hour, dependent upon experience.
Vail Resorts' retail and rental operations are conducted through Specialty Sports Venture (SSV), a majority owned subsidiary. SSV operates over 180 year-round and seasonal stores under 40 + retail brand names specializing in ski, bike, golf and fly fishing products and gear. We operate in world-class locations such as Aspen, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Telluride, Park City, Vail, Lake Tahoe, Denver’s Front Range and the San Francisco Bay Area.
As a Vail Resorts employee you get way more than a paycheck or even a ski pass. Our Total Rewards program gives employees access to some of the world’s most beautiful playgrounds and luxurious properties—and the goods to enjoy each of them to their fullest potential.
Some of the benefits include:
• Excellent training and professional development
• Employee discounts at our retail stores; including bikes and parts
• Free summer pass to our world-class resorts; including Vail, Beaver Creek, Keystone and Breckenridge - great for mountain biking!
For more information and to apply, please visit http://retailjobs.vailresorts.com!