Moots Cycles has been handcrafting high end titanium bicycles in Steamboat Springs, CO since 1981. Our reputation for quality, thoughtful attention to detail and a passion for cycling has made us a leader in the bike industry. Our company culture of cycling zeal is an important part of everything we do, leading to a fun, rewarding, and engaging work environment.
Position Summary: The production side of Moots is looking for someone to contribute and learn aspects of the frame building process. The ideal candidate will start off working in our finish department. This position requires a high level of quality and detail, the person needs to be safe and smart, and have an efficient work ethic. This is a full time position with multiple benefits.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Facing and chasing bottom brackets
- Hand stamping serial numbers
- Reaming seatubes
- Facing and reaming head tubes
- Aligning frames
- Bead blasting frames
- Applying decals
- Assembling all hardware onto finished frames
- Finish work on stems and seatposts
- Familiarity with vertical mills, lathes, and other machines.
- Bike shop experience and understanding the key features of a bike frame.
- Full time job experience.
- Being able to overcome problems and the ability to think on the fly is a plus.
- Having an eye for detail and keeping Moots’ quality standard in mind.
- Routine work is needed; this is a production level job that will require doing the same task numerous times with the Moots’ level of quality in mind.
- Passion and interest in bikes is a must.
- Paid vacation and holidays
- HSA health insurance
- Simple IRA contributions
- Free frame program
- Commuting dollars and incentives
- Access to industry purchasing