We are seeking an Online Sales Specialist to post items for sale on our eBay store at optimum prices. The perfect candidate will be a fellow bike nerd with a strong attention to detail and strong computer skills.
The Pros Closet (TPC) is the world’s largest previously-owned and overstock bikes and cycling gear on eBay. TPC helps bike retailers, athletes, manufacturers, and bike enthusiasts sell their gear in a hassle-free way. TPC currently operates exclusively on eBay and study’s auction science to sell its inventory quickly and efficiently.
Founded in 2007 by a former professional mountain biker living out of his Volkswagen Bus, The Pro’s Closet started as a hobby and quickly grew into an easy way for professional cycling teams to sell their used gear. Since then, TPC has become a highly-regarded ecommerce destination for people around the world to buy and sell previously-owned bikes and gear.
With just under 40 employees in our casual, yet fast-paced environment, we recently received an investment from an experienced investment firm to expand our marketplace beyond eBay and to further accelerate our rapid growth. With deep industry relationships, we are already the leader in what we do and we’re barely scratching the surface. This is an exciting time to join us!
The Online Sales Specialist is responsible for researching and creating eBay auctions to the highest standards in the industry. You are in charge of reviewing items and setting the optimal prices to post them for sale on eBay. You are an important part of our business as the primary revenue and profit driver for the company.
The position calls for regular, close communication with consumers, clients and other departments within the company. Maintaining a positive, helpful attitude is imperative in this position. Flexibility and a willingness to help in any way possible are needed in our small, dynamic team environment. Time management skills, including the ability to work efficiently, accurately, and be self-motivated, are critical. Knowledge of bikes is a must.
• Create and maintain eBay auctions while applying The Pro’s Closets proven auction science methodology, which you’ll learn. Your goal is to ensure that each auction nets top market value within our target time and sell-thru rate.
• Answer customer questions and communicate with our clients so they know the current status of their auctions
• Participate in a proactive team environment that involves a ‘lean process’ approach to continuous process improvement in everything we do.
• Maintain daily productivity expectations with regards to number of eBay auctions listed.
• Demonstrate proficiency with our computer systems and software.
• In addition to on-the-job training, the employee is encouraged to use, enjoy and better understand our products outside of work. Get out and ride!
• A passion for bikes is a MUST. Strong bike knowledge and overall competency in being able to identify various bike components is important for success in this role.
• Two to four years of customer service and/or retail experience, preferably in the bike, ski or outdoor industry.
• A passion for working in a high growth business as the pace and expectations of the culture require both a high attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
• College degree preferred.
• Proficient understanding of Mac computers and typing skills of at least 40 words per minute.
• A passion for success, a positive and friendly attitude and a consistent work ethic are all a must.
• A passion for the outdoors.
The Pro’s Closet offers competitive compensation for the outdoor industry with a pay rate of $12- 22 per hour, including bonus, depending on experience and ability to achieve productivity goals regarding the number of eBay auctions listed per month.
The Pro’s Closet also provides generous discounts on gear as well as the ability to sell your own product at an employee rate.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to make instant and substantial contributions to the success of the company. The Pro’s Closet is one of the fastest growing companies in the outdoor industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include in your cover letter some background information on your experience or knowledge you may have working with bikes and bike components.
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin,age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.