Overview: Trips for Kids Denver/Boulder (TFKD/B) is a nonprofit organization committed to removing barriers to connect diverse youth to the joys of bicycling. It does this through its three programs, the Ride Program, Earn-A-Bike program and nonprofit, community bike shop - Lucky Bikes Recyclery.
Job Description: The Executive Director partners with the Board of Directors to fulfill Trips for Kids Denver/Boulder’s mission and vision, as well establish the goals for the organization. He/she leads and manages all aspects of the organization’s operations including execution of the strategic plan and development/implementation of the fundraising plan. The Executive Director provides oversight for all existing and new programs, provides leadership to staff while supporting volunteers, donors and stakeholders, in addition to oversight of a $300,000 budget.
Leadership & Management
• Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, and communications.
• Actively engage and energize volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders.
• Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors. Serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction.
• Lead, develop, coach and retain Trips for Kids Denver/Boulder's staff. Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate program components to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other supporters.
Fundraising & Financial Management:
• Analyze current revenue streams and develop strategy for ideal funding base for the organization based on current trends, opportunities and needs. This includes: Corporate and individual giving, grant funding, and social enterprise revenue.
• Write and review proposals for submission; work collaboratively with leadership staff to manage funding deadlines and fundraising pipeline.
• Assist the Board of Directors in developing and nurturing funder relationships, while developing long-term funding strategies.
• In conjunction with the Board of Directors and Treasurer, develop and recommend an annual budget, and maintain adequate accounting procedures and controls.
• Ensure immediate and long-range fiscal viability of the organization.
• Be the chief human resource officer for the organization. Demonstrate commitment to participatory management and team leadership models.
Strategic Planning Implementation of Mission/Vision/Values
• Continued support and cooperation with the board in establishing this next phase of strategic planning for the organization.
• Work in conjunction with the Program Manager and Shop Manager to identify annual programmatic goals that support the long-range vision of the organization.
• Review and ensure programmatic and organizational data collection systems that track the effectiveness of programming.
• Serve as the primary representative of, and ambassador for, the organization.
• Develop, cultivate and deepen relationships and partnerships with community stakeholders.
• Deliver public presentations when opportunities are available to position the organization as a community leader.
• A bicycle enthusiast with a passion for the mission of Trips for Kids Denver/Boulder.
• Significant and proven leadership skills.
• Experience working with and developing an effective Board of Directors.
• The ability to foster a healthy organizational culture, to encourage teamwork and collaboration.
• Excellent organizational development, interpersonal, marketing, communication, administration and personnel management skills.
• Ability to raise the visibility of the organization through successful marketing including expansion of the existing database.
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
• Experience in grass roots/community based organizations.
• An affinity for working with a culturally and politically diverse community.
• Is visionary, trustworthy, diplomatic, understanding and innovative with high energy level.
• Success at fund development, including knowledge of and success in attracting foundation and corporate grants; ability to identify, steward and solicit individual donors.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; strong presentation skills.
• Spanish fluency a plus!
• Master’s degree preferred, Bachelor’s required.
• Computer literacy.
Compensation: $45,000 - $50,000 and benefits based upon experience.
No phone calls please.
Trips for Kids Denver/Boulder is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, send resume and cover letter by 5pm on December 19th, 2014 to: Human Resources email@example.com