*** Position Filled ***
Overview: Trips for Kids Denver/Boulder (TFKD/B) is a nonprofit organization committed to providing cycling based programs and experiences to diverse underserved youth. The mission of TFKD/B is to build healthy confident kids, by connecting diverse youth to the joy of cycling
Job Description: The Executive Director partners with the Board of Directors to fulfill Trips for Kids Denver/Boulder’s mission and vision, as well establish the goals for the organization. He/she leads and manages all aspects of the organization’s operations including execution of the strategic plan, plus development and implementation of the fundraising plan. The Executive Director provides oversight for all existing and new programs, provides leadership to staff while supporting volunteers, donors and stakeholders, in addition to oversight of a $300,000 budget.
Fundraising & Financial Management:
• Analyze current revenue streams and develop strategy for ideal funding base for the organization based on current trends, opportunities and needs. This includes: Corporate and individual giving, grant funding, and social enterprise revenue.
• Write and review proposals for submission; work collaboratively with leadership staff to manage funding deadlines and fundraising pipeline.
• Assist the Board of Directors in developing and nurturing funder relationships, while developing long-term funding strategies.
Financial and Business Acumen:
• In conjunction with the Board of Directors and Treasurer, strategize, develop and recommend an annual budget, and maintain adequate accounting procedures and controls.
• Ensure immediate and long-range fiscal viability of the organization.
• Be the chief human resource officer for the organization. Demonstrate commitment to participatory management and team leadership models.
• Serve as the main organizational liaison with the Board of Directors and its committees
Strategic Planning Implementation of Mission/Vision/Values
• Continued support and cooperation with the board in establishing this next phase of strategic planning for the organization.
• Working in conjunction with the Program Manager and Shop Manager, identify annual programmatic goals that support the long-range vision of the organization.
• Work with the leadership team to develop models and action plans that support the vision, and current and new programmatic needs of the organization and clients;
• Review and ensure programmatic and organizational data collection systems that track the effectiveness of programming
• Serve as the primary representative of and ambassador for the organization with funders, government officials and staff, the Northern Colorado and domestic violence communities and the media.
• Develop, cultivate and deepen relationships and partnerships with community stakeholders. Delivers inspirational public presentations when opportunities are available to position the organization as a community leader.
• Master’s degree preferred, Bachelor’s required
• Passion for the mission of Trips for Kids Denver/Boulder
• Significant and proven leadership skills developed through several years in senior management positions.
• Experience working with and developing an effective Board of Directors
• The ability to foster a healthy organizational culture, to encourage teamwork and collaboration
• Excellent organizational development, interpersonal, marketing, communication, administration and personnel management skills essential
• Ability to raise the visibility of the organization through successful marketing including expansion of the existing database
• Experience in grass roots/community based organizations
• Understanding of nonprofits and experience working with boards of directors and volunteers is particularly helpful
• An affinity for working with a culturally and politically diverse community;
• Is visionary, trustworthy, diplomatic, understanding and innovative with high energy level
• Ability to build collaborative partnerships to enhance the organization
• Success at fund development, including knowledge of and success in attracting foundation and corporate grants; ability to identify, steward and solicit individual donors
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; strong presentation skills
• Computer literate
Compensation: Competitive Salary and benefits based upon experience.
To apply, send Resume and cover letter to:
cstafford AT tripsforkidsdenver DOT org