USA Cycling is in search of a digital and social media manager to join its communications team. The individual must be a dynamic and self-motivated with experience, knowledge and skills in web content management, writing, photo and video editing, basic programming and social media. Communications is a strategic driver of USA Cycling's growth and contributes toward the achievement of our vision and mission. The digital and social media manager will be responsible for enhancing USA Cycling's brand across all aspects of the organization's online presence. In addition to organizing, writing and proofreading site content, this person will work closely with the communications and IT teams to enhance site standards with regard to new development. The digital and social media manager will also be responsible for driving social media efforts, assisting in media relations initiatives and overseeing online metrics including analytics and SEO.
- Create, develop, organize, write/edit and manage content for organization's web presence (requires working with content management software) , including writing and copy editing
- Oversee and implement organization's social media outreach through sustained communication strategies
- Organize web content, including video and photos, across all departments while maintaining consistent structure and brand
- Contribute to communications initiatives including press release, feature writing and email communications
- Integrate social media strategy and execution with marketing and sponsorship to increase value to sponsor partners and to enhance the USA Cycling reputation
- Establish, maintain and train staff on corporate social media policy
- Create and develop innovative new opportunities, tools and features to engage online audience
- Define social media and web metrics; develop plans for the achievement of metrics
- Monitor social media platforms to identify negative and positive content and respond as appropriate – enhancing the positive and neutralizing the negative
- Travel to select USA Cycling events and provide on-site event coverage
- Remote coverage of events, including some weekends, required
- This position will be based at the USA Cycling Corporate Office located in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Strong writing, editing, communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of HTML and experience with content management systems
- Knowledge of SEO and on-line metrics, including video SEO and embedding practices
- Experience with e-mail marketing
- Extensive knowledge of social media including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Google+
- Experience managing and developing web content, including familiarity with Dreamweaver, HTML and CSS
- Experience in social media marketing – building and amplifying a brand image and presence via social media platforms that deliver results
- Experience in building a fan base with social media
- Experience in effectively monitoring and dealing with negative social media content
- Bachelor's degree in communication or a related field required
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends and travel, as required
- Attention to detail, creativity and the capacity to multitask
- Knowledge of competitive cycling a plus
- Basic graphic design and video production knowledge a plus
- Social media marketing and PR experience with a company or agency a plus
Normal office setting therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include both close and distance vision. - While performing duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel and/or reach with hands and arms. The employee is also required to stand and walk to complete tasks and occasionally may climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch to complete tasks.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This is a full-time, salaried position and will be based at USA Cycling's national headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colo. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, holidays, 403b plan. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and references to:
Debbie Hendrix, HR Director
210 USA Cycling Point, Suite 100
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
Position will remain open until filled.