SmartEtailing is the leading provider of internet services for the specialty bicycle industry in the US and Canada. SmartEtailing's mission is empower local specialty retailers, and their suppliers, by providing the tools, technologies and know-how that help them more effectively compete with large retail chains and online-only operations.
SmartEtailing is currently looking for a Brand & Supplier Liaison to join our Boulder, CO office.
The Brand & Supplier Liaison is primarily responsible for administering product information (descriptions, specifications, photos, videos, etc) on behalf of brands and suppliers that wish to participate in paid and non-fee services offered by SmartEtailing. This person will establish, support and leverage existing and new relationships to mutual advantage for our firm, our retailers and the brands/suppliers that support them. They are also accountable for creating reports for the brands and suppliers to support the SmartEtailing supply-chain services. The Brand & Supplier Liaison will build and maintain relationships with the appropriate contacts within the participating brands and suppliers.
This position reports to SmartEtailing's Senior Director, Supply-Chain & Content Services and works in conjunction with Content Manager.
Job Tasks, Responsibilities, Accountabilities:
• Contact industry brands for product information that we enter in the online catalog. This person will obtain product descriptions, part numbers and images in a proactive and courteous manner. They'll display the focus necessary to obtain product information from over 300 brands, explaining its uses and the benefits of providing said info.
• Develop and execute approved plans to meet identified goals for this job and the company as procured by the Senior Director, Supply-Chain & Content Services.
• Regularly engage key contacts at existing supplier clients to provide status/progress updates, explore mutual opportunities, identify problems/concerns and, if needed, start resolution steps.
• Create regular reports and presentations for the brands and suppliers.
• Use email, phone, online meetings, slide decks effectively to keep current supply-side clients abreast of results and opportunities available through SmartEtailing services and integrations.
• Continue engagement to sustain positive, beneficial relations in an on-going manner consistent with company’s goals and within parameters acceptable to clients.
• Coordinate SmartEtailing’s goals with those of enrolled brands & suppliers toward mutually beneficial results.
• Work cooperatively with other company leaders toward successful coordination and integration of our supply-chain services on behalf of supplier clients and the retailers being served.
• Follow up emails for Catalog Data File and all SmartEtailing supply-chain services.
• Work with the brand and supplier team to coordinate programs and projects in order to implement the current services.
• Work with the Senior Director, Supply-Chain & Content Services and Director of Marketing to create presentations affiliated with the brands and suppliers.
• Create collateral material with the Senior Director, Supply-Chain & Content and Director of Marketing for product sheets, sales sheets and/or SmartEtailing company collateral to aid in the sales process.
• Responsible to stay abreast of industry trends and events and high-value news items.
• Available to travel, when needed, in US and Canada, to attend industry events tied to company’s success. May also need to visit supply-chain clients at other times of the year in support of job goals.
• Other duties as required.
• Knowledge/Skills- Sales & marketing of services and integrations; thorough understanding of retail sales distribution strategies.
• Highly skilled writer, proofer, editor and communicator. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, technical and grammar, spelling, and sentence structure. Experience with JIRA, FTP, API and image sites such as Dropbox
preferred. Advanced knowledge of Internet technologies and email. HTML knowledge preferred.
• Abilities- Excellent communicator via email and phone along with in-person presentations ranging from one-on-one to small/medium-sized groups.
• Skilled in use of business productivity software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Experience- Experience working in the bicycle industry. Organizational experience with sales and/or customer service teams. Excellent phone and in-person communicator. Cycling experience and passion for the sport required.
• Education- Bachelor degree in relevant field or equivalent is required.
• Behavioral Attributes- Attention to detail with the ability to be flexible with changing priorities. Quick learner; self-motivated; enjoys working in a team environment; positive can-do attitude; deadline/goal oriented; energetic/passionate about the company. Practices good stewardship of company’s interests including vision, mission, values, financial and performance criteria.
• Other related criteria- Work at computer for extended periods of time; a force in meetings; great ideas; great organizational skills.
• Travel as needed to industry events, about 2-4 weeks per year, valid driver’s license is required.