Overview: The TS1 is a full-time, hourly paid position responsible for assisting Trail Solutions with trail construction and operation duties. Work includes the creation of proposals, reports, budgets; performing marketing and administrative tasks; and executing scopes of work. A TS1 works with the Director of Trail Solutions, Trail Solutions Associate Director and Project Managers, Region Directors, other TS and IMBA staff, subconsultants and subcontractors, clients, and the general public to help further IMBA’s overall mission. A TS1 should have a keen sense of customer service as well as a desire to always represent IMBA in a positive manner. The position assumes a variable schedule depending on workload, from 0 – 70+ hours per week and extensive travel.
Skills, Qualifications, and Abilities:
- Extensive experience in mountain biking and cycling.
- Experience working and leading in a team environment.
- Experience with managing private consulting/contracting firm and personnel.
- Experience working with land management agencies and other government entities.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit business environment and with volunteer advocates.
- Experience with the planning, design, construction, maintenance, and management of mountain bicycle facilities.
- B.A/B.S. degree in related field (e.g., construction management, engineering) or similar combination of experience and education.
- Skilled in a variety of office-based software systems (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Skilled in a variety of consulting/contracting-specific software systems (e.g., GIS, MS Project).
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Personable and able to work within a customer service framework.
- Assist with management of project lifecycle, including all aspects of planning, coordination, and implementation of projects, project bids, proposals, contracts, subcontracts, invoices, project documentation, and job cost analysis.
- Assist with development of projects and creating positive relationships with clients (including other IMBA staff) and potential clients.
- Respond to inquiries regarding consulting and construction services.
- Provide Director of Trail Solutions, TS Associate Director, and TS Project Managers with project status updates.
- Design and construct trails and features per specifications and clients expectations.
- Purchase and ensure that materials are on-site as needed.
- Perform and inspect work for compliance with terms and specifications of contract.
- Work independently in a variety of situations including trail construction, document creation, and volunteer organizing.
- Create both internal and external Trail Solutions documents
- Personally supervise and train other TS employees and subconsultants/subcontractors.
- Oversee scheduling of staff to ensure competent delivery of services.
- Evaluate TS staff and provide feedback as requested.
- Help develop program-based marketing efforts and develop marketing materials as needed.
- Provide public presentations and demonstrations as needed.
- Attend and present at conferences.
- Contribute to the production of articles, blogs, and other promotional/educational materials
- Assist with creation of annual program budgets.
- Assist with management of program in compliance with budget.
- Supervise staff within consulting/contracting program(s).
- Manage information and data storage/sharing.
- Evaluate TS Program and provide feedback as requested.
- Implement policies, procedures, and risk management and safetyguidelines for the Trail Solution program.
- Coordinate with other TS and field staff regarding trail development.
The successful candidate will be passionate about mountain biking, with an energetic, “can-do” personality, who is comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
Immediate Supervisor: Chris Kehmeier
Location: Headquartered in Boulder, CO. Work can conceivably take place
anywhere in the world.
Full Time: Non-Exempt, hourly, full-time as needed
Salary: Based on qualifications
Applying: Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume together in the same file to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday January 6, 2016.
IMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.