Turn Around Bikes is a program of Northern Colorado Youth for Christ (NCYFC), a 501(c)3 located in Greeley, Colorado. Turn Around Bikes refurbishes bicycles with youth volunteers then donates the repaired bikes to low income community members in need of reliable transportation. NCYFC is a casual place to work, but we take our work seriously. In order to a become self-sufficient program, the organization has decided to open a bicycle shop that will allow all community members to buy used parts, used bikes, and opt to learn repair skills. The bike shop, at first, will have one person in charge, the Turn Around Bikes Shop Manager.
Turn Around Bikes Shop Manager in Greeley, Colorado
Full time - pay TBD
The Manager will report to the Program Director and to the Executive Director. The position is full time (30-40 hours per week), the schedule is fixed Tuesday through Friday noon - 6 or 8 PM, Saturdays 9 AM - 4 PM, with Sunday and Monday as “the weekend.” Must agree to and pass national and state background checks to be hired.
Manager Duties (not an all inclusive list):
- Opening/closing shop -- reliably doing the daily accounting, locking the doors, turning off lights, and setting the alarm
- Must be able to do inventory counting & product ordering
- Must be able to be independent work and find work to do when shop is slow, no sitting around on your phone at this job
- Supervise volunteers & future employees in accordance with organization’s standards
- Recruit customers to become volunteers & involved in the program
- Receive bicycle and part donations & follow protocol in regards to entering information
- Provide high level of customer service & be available to offer advice to customers on bike style and part type options
- Host youth workshops and work with youth volunteers on bike repair projects (1-2 nights per week, possibly more as time goes on)
- Lead a Christian Bible Study before workshop for interested participants
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Previous managerial experience is desired, previous customer service experience is required
- Previous experience as a bicycle mechanic is not required, but will be given priority
- Knowledge and interest in bicycles, bicycle repair, and youth development is an absolute requirement
- Proven success at working well with people of all ages (emphasis on youth) from all backgrounds
- Ability to work independently, being an innovator and forward thinking individual
- Ability to raise funds for salary, for the organization, and connect the organization to new donors
How to Apply:
More information about program at TurnAroundBikes.com Email your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and previous experience to email@example.com. Address cover letter to Liz Young, Program Director. Please, no phone calls. Application deadline is May 13th, 2016.