The International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA) is seeking candidates for a full-time, salaried exempt position as Trail Solutions Project Manager headquartered in either Boulder, CO, or in a remote home office. Work can conceivably take place anywhere in the world.
Overview: The Trail Solutions Project Manager (TS PM) position is a full-time, salaried exempt position responsible for successful management of fee-based consulting/contracting projects and for developing the Trail Solutions program in furtherance of IMBA’s mission. A TS PM works with the Director of Trail Solutions, the Associate Director of Trail Solutions, Region Directors, other TS and IMBA staff, subconsultants and subcontractors, clients, and the general public. The position assumes an average of 50 hours minimum per week of work and extensive travel.
- Oversee project lifecycle, including all aspects of planning, coordination, and implementation of projects, project bids, proposals, contracts, subcontracts, invoices, project documentation, and job cost analysis.
- Develop projects and create positive relationships with clients (including other IMBA staff) and potential clients.
- Respond to inquiries regarding consulting and construction services.
- Provide Director of Trail Solutions and TS Associate Director with project status updates.
- Write project reports.
- Manage Trail Specialists to ensure proper implementation of contracted services.
- Oversee scheduling of staff to ensure competent delivery of services.
- Provide feedback on TS staff for personnel reviews.
- Evaluate TS staff and provide feedback as requested.
- Help develop program-based marketing efforts and develop marketing materials as needed.
- Provide public presentations and demonstrations as needed.
- Attend and present at conferences.
- Contribute to the production of articles, blogs, and other promotional/educational materials
- Assist with creation of annual program budgets.
- Assist with management of program in compliance with budget.
- Supervise staff within consulting/contracting program(s).
- Manage information and data storage/sharing.
- Evaluate TS Program and provide feedback as requested.
- Implement policies, procedures, and risk management and safety guidelines for the Trail Solution program.
- Coordinate with other TS and field staff regarding trail development.
- Extensive experience in mountain biking and cycling.
- Experience working and leading in a team environment.
- Experience with managing private consulting/contracting firm and personnel.
- Experience working with land management agencies and other government entities.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit business environment and with volunteer advocates.
- Experience with the planning, design, construction, maintenance, and management of mountain bicycle facilities.
- B.A/B.S. degree in related field (e.g., construction management, engineering) or similar combination of experience and education.
- Skilled in a variety of office-based software systems (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Apps).
- Skilled in a variety of consulting/contracting-specific software systems (e.g., GIS, MS Project).
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Personable and able to work within a customer service framework.
The successful candidate will be passionate about mountain biking, with an energetic, “can-do” personality, who is comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
Immediate Supervisor: Chris Kehmeier
Benefits (subject to change): Health, Dental, SIMPLE IRA, Life Insurance,
Long Term Disability, Vacation and Sick Leave
Salary: Based on qualifications
Applying: Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume together in the same file to email@example.com by Wednesday January 6, 2016.
IMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.