Do you thrive on executing pixel perfect designs that enable customers to have the very best user experience possible? Do you have a passion for activity and an understanding of the rigours and demands it takes athletes to maintain peak performance? If so Peaksware, LLC, developer of TrainingPeaks.com, is looking for a full time, in-house web designer/interaction designer to join our creative team creating pixel perfect web pages for new and existing online properties. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, comfortable working within tight deadlines, work well in a team environment and understand how triathletes, cyclists and runners think.
Scope and responsibilities
- Contributing to concepts and strategy in a collaborative environment
- Working with multiple teams to develop and maintain interactive and Web-based solutions
- Ability to comprehend an architected road map (IA) and recommend and articulate technical solutions
- Execution of pixel perfect page layouts based on visual comps from PDF storyboards and Adobe Photoshop files
- Ability to design pixel perfect page layouts with a focus on user experience
- Successful maintenance and interface of these front end solutions to the deeper back-end development structure
- Ensure that web sites meet web standards and remain accessible across browsers, operating systems and devices
Experience and skill requirements
The successful candidate will have experience building compelling web sites and the requirements necessary to develop using forward thinking front end technologies.
- CSS (including CSS-based layout)
- Familiarity with browser & platform-dependant html development challenges
- Familiarity with CMS systems a plus (we use Kentico)
- Ability to parse Adobe Photoshop files