Experienced Bicycle Mechanic needed in Boulder's leading bike store: Boulder Cycle Sport.
In 2015 we were voted one of the 100 best bike stores in the U.S. by National Bicycle Dealers and one of Seigneur's Top 25 Bike Shops in the World!
About BCS: We are a locally owned and operated company that cares about its staff. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and most of all offer a supportive and positive work environment for people who love bikes!
$12 to 16/hr starting rate dependent on experience + subsidized healthcare plan + retirement plan + other cool benefits!
If you are an experienced bike mechanic with exceptional customer service skills and a positive 'can do' attitude, then read on:
Our mission at Boulder Cycle Sport is to provide the highest level of customer service and to offer cycling products we trust and use ourselves. Whether we're serving first time riders, recreational enthusiasts, or elite-level racers, Boulder Cycle Sport strives to be the foremost resource for all our customers' cycling needs. Our goal is to not only be the best bike shop in the world, but to also be the best retail store in the world.
The area: Service
We bring to bear passion, know-how, and dedication to keep our clientele riding. Whether we're wrenching on the latest Tour de France-level race machine or a kid's bike, we work with thoroughness, care, and meticulous attention to detail to ensure that every bike performs at its peak. We are energetic team players keen to roll up our sleeves, lend a hand to our colleagues, and do what's necessary to get the job done. We also seek out opportunities to build and deepen relationships with our customers, recognizing this makes for better service and a better experience for our clientele. As consummate professionals, we are proud to set the standard for customer service not just in the bike industry, but in any industry.
The role: Service Mechanic
As a Service Mechanic, you are an integral part of the Boulder Cycle Sport service team. You sell, perform, and educate customers on the servicing of bicycles, related components, and accessories. You consistently provide excellent customer service and maintain a clean and organized service area. You have a passion for cycling and the ability to inspire people to ride and are a team player as well as a quick learner. You work closely with BCS Service Managers to raise the service center bar.
- Complete bicycle assemblies and service to the highest standard
- Complete bicycle assemblies, tunes, and a la carte services
- Set up bikes to BCS standards
- Be available at all times to help customers with sales and service
- Help to educate customers on all bike issues
- Greet and initiate sales process with customers
- Answer the phone by the second ring, with enthusiasm
- Report to Service Manager at the beginning and end of shift
- Carry out service area maintenance as needed
- Execute opening and/or closing duties as directed
- Complete sales in the POS system
- Create Special Orders in the POS system
- Fill out new service tickets clearly and accurately
- Follow up with customers as repairs are completed
- Pack outgoing merchandise
- Receive merchandise
- Receive warranty claims
- Stock, arrange, and count inventory
- Experience with current road and mountain bike technology
- Superb customer service skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekend days
- At least three years of consistent bike shop service experience
- Attendance at and/or certification from a bicycle mechanics school
- Experience with disc brakes, suspension, wheel building, and electronic shifting
To apply please send your resume, cover letter to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!