*** Position Filled ***
PeopleForBikes Coalition is seeking a part-time employee to fulfill a state and local policy analyst position. This employee will review bicycle industry-related policy and regulations from all 50 state legislatures to proactively position the bike industry and get ahead of potential threats to the business of bike manufacturing, equipment safety, and sales.
PeopleForBikes Coalition is the U.S. bicycle industry association that works to unite millions of Americans, works with thousands of businesses, and hundreds of communities to make bicycling better for everyone. PeopleForBikes Coalition works to increase bike funding, improve bike infrastructure, award grants to support innovative local bike projects, promote bicycling and its benefits, and back crucial local and national efforts that support bicycling initiatives.
- Writing -- Excellent written skills, including the ability to condense public policy language
- Policy Analysis -- Strong policy analysis and research skills
- Project Management -- Ability to direct and juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Tech Tools -- Able to use a variety of search engines and database tracking tools to manage projects, capture trends and produce reports
- Collaboration -- Ability to communicate and work efficiently with a variety of partners including suppliers, retailers, advocacy groups and other stakeholders
- Motivated -- Strong work ethic and self-directed. Able to work remotely, accomplish assigned tasks, and meet critical deadlines
- Communication skills -- Clear communicator able to conduct semi-regular webinars summarizing key findings
- Defining database tracking mechanisms and tracking state and local legislation and policy affecting bike industry manufacturing, safety regulations, and sales
- Researching, writing, and editing white papers, handouts, board reports, and creating general summary documents on key findings
- Hosting regular conference calls and webinars with key stakeholders
- Initiating state and local outreach to assess and learn more about key local industry issues
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits: This “at will” part-time employee position
offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Due to the
part-time nature of the position, benefits will be limited in scope. A remote
office location for this osition may be possible.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email with “PFB State and Local Policy Analyst” in the subject line to PeopleForBikes Data Analyst JJ Trout firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position will remain open until filled. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit PeopleForBikes.org for more general information and organizational background. PeopleForBikes Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.