PeopleForBikes is recruiting for a Communications Coordinator to help us tell the story of bicycling in America. The ideal candidate will work relentlessly to improve the organization’s communications and engage PeopleForBikes members. He/she will bring strong writing and creative skills to the position and will be quick, diligent and conscientious about each and every project.
PeopleForBikes is the national movement to make riding better for everyone. By uniting millions of individual riders, businesses, community leaders and elected officials, we work to improve conditions for people who bike and improve our world through bicycling.
- Writing, editing and posting blog and social media content, with an emphasis on local outreach and inspirational community bicycling stories, as well as the best-practice projects of endemic and non-endemic businesses that are doing great things for bikes
- Crafting bike advocacy action alerts into appealing, easy-to-understand digital communications for a broad audience of bike riders
- Working with multiple departments on event-specific communications and marketing, with occasional longer-term print and digital writing projects
- Coordinating collaborative efforts between departments
- Managing social media campaigns around key projects or events
- Ensuring messaging and creative elements of all marketing and communications are consistent with our overall brand
Job qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field.
- Excellent writing skills. The candidate should be able to produce a steady stream of well-crafted stories, blogs, press releases and social media posts for a variety of audiences and channels. A talent at composing snappy, concise, witty, eye-catching content for the digital world is especially important.
- Experience with both traditional and innovative communications and marketing techniques, with an emphasis on social media, email marketing and blogging
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Great project management skillset, with the ability to comfortably juggle multiple projects and occasionally work on tight timelines
- Collaborative approach to work—the person will interface with multiple departments—and super customer service, both internal and external
- A keen eye for design, with experience in photo editing, graphic design and basic HTML
- Ability to work within larger marketing and communications strategy and ensure that communications adhere to the organization’s writing and design standards
- Knowledge of and passion for bicycling is a plus, but not required
Compensation and Benefits: This “at will” position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. In addition, a generous benefits package is offered, which includes health insurance, paid time off and optional participation in a deferred compensation plan.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and optional portfolio via email with “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will remain open until filled. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit PeopleForBikes.org for more general information and organizational background. PeopleForBikes is an equal opportunity employer.