* One of Outside Magazine's Best Places to work 4 years in a row * TrainingPeaks & MakeMusic are part of Peaksware in beautiful Boulder. Peaksware brings together industry leading brands to help guide people along their journey of improvement through a unique approach to deliberate practice. We develop software solutions and provide services to help guide people to set a specific goal, get expert instruction, perform focused practice and adapt to the immediate feedback received. This shared approach is the common thread connecting our brands which include MakeMusic, TrainingPeaks and We need an experienced IT Network Administrator to support our users as we grow and expand.
● First Line IT: If there are issues with the network, wifi, laptop, AV systems... You'll be the first on
● Manage WIP: We want somebody who is organized and can handle multiple requests coming in by prioritizing against business objectives and need
● Onboarding/Offboarding: You'll be tasked with setting up new machines, coordinating account set up, in addition to collection and account deprecation upon exit
● Inventory Management: You will need to run inventory on computer equipment, phones, OS licenses, software licenses.
● Room to grow: We are expanding and our technology needs are vast and a priority . We are in AWS, we use lots of Enterprise SaaS tools, we are data driven, and we like to automate everything. There is great opportunity to expand and grow at Peaksware and the ideal candidate wants to learn and grow with us.
What experience do I need?
● Windows Active Directory Management
● Mac and Windows Desktop Configuration
● Automating repetitive tasks
● Helpful positive attitude
● Good written and verbal skills
● Ability to brainstorm and contribute concepts in a collaborative/team environment
● Experience working in an agile development process a plus
● Excellent attention to detail
● Thrives in an independent, fast paced work environment
Nice to Have experience includes:
● Network Monitoring and Troubleshooting
● Firewall and VPN Configuration and Support
● Config Management Tools
DevOps We want developers to have insight and ownership over code in production, integration tools, infrastructure, and deployment process. Developers should always ask what it takes to support their Monitoring The systems should tell you when there is a problem. If it moves, monitor it Complexity Its easy to make something complex, but difficult to make it simple. We should always be fighting complexity. Can we deprecate systems/code? Do it. Does the system need to be that complicated? Do we build vs buy? Some of these questions are best answered by knowing what is our core competency and what is critical.
Small, Cross functional Teams QA, Dev, Design, CI, and Product working on a focused and shared Release more often Constantly work towards shorter release cycles as a means to shore up quality, help make sure we are working on the right things at the right time, and stabilize operations Performance Matters We value engineers that know not to over optimize solutions, but always think how code will perform at expected scale.
Minimum Process Necessary We prefer collaboration over documentation. Some process is necessary, but let’s be deliberate about it. Let’s work together to frame up context and execute. Managing Technical Debt The vast majority of work is maintenance. Engineers need to have good philosophies on refactoring. We like the theory of Broken Windows, YAGNI, and refactor as you go. We appreciate Clean Code, Working Effectively with Legacy Code, and Pragmatic Programmer as reference Data Driven Let’s use the data to help inform what to work on, what is causing performance issues, what should we spend our time on... Ultimately its the objective plus the narrative that produces great
● Fun product we are all passionate about
● Small company, Start Up like feel, means lots of diversity in your daily job, and freedom to chose
● We address our technical debt!
● Tons of Perks (listed below...)
● 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
● $1,200/yr fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living.
● Three weeks of PTO for all new hires...increases in PTO at various years of service.
● After 7 years of service we offer a four week paid sabbatical for all employees.
● Company paid cell phone and plan (data, text and minutes).
● Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
● Onsite workout area access: inoffice treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
● Flexible work schedule among a group of high performance, highly driven professionals.
● Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location
We have a very flexible work schedule among a group of high performance, highly driven professionals. Most of the employees at TrainingPeaks are fitness/outdoor enthusiasts or competitive endurance athletes, and are passionate about both the work they do and the products they produce. If you are looking for a great atmosphere, fun people, and the ability to make a difference in the health and fitness of people everywhere, we want to talk with you.